Nancy Pelosi's Husband Violently Attacked at Home [28 Oct 2022]

There will be a news conference in a few minutes.

Moderating:

Breaking news. No political jabs. Please. Just don’t.

Here’s a Pit thread for those who want to make jabs.

Mea culpa.

CNN is reporting the suspect tried to tie him up.

the press conference did not really clear things up.

a wellness check was indicated.
police responded.
the hammer was held by pelosi but used by the suspect?
the suspect attacked pelosi with in sight of the police, who then subdued the suspect.
the suspect and pelosi went to hospital.

more to come.

That stood out when I read it. You could attack an 82 year old with a teaspoon and do some serous harm.

Yelling for Nancy Pelosi pretty much guarantees it’s politically motivated even if it’s a lunatic.

According to CNN, the attacker posted multiple conspiracy theories including 2020 election fraud and deadly COVID vaccine theories on his social media, as well as transphobic propaganda.

pelosi did have surgery this morning.

my own speculation would be arm and head injuries. depending on how immobilized pelosi was and if the suspect was swing for his head; usually you would try to block with an arm or duck and turn perhaps resulting in a shoulder injury.

How in the world did Mr. Pelosi survive?

Did CNN provide some examples? I couldn’t find any.

According to CNN the police arrived while it was happening.

Seems that police were there when both were trying to take control of the hammer and instantly arrested the guy.

The guy was a conspiracy nut job. Republican’s will claim he’s not one of theirs because he used to live in a storage shed and made hemp bracelets AND lived in Berkley, so that equals Democrat. They need to own up for putting out all these totally false conspiracy’s that are setting mentally imbalanced people off.

CNN

And this is why he wasn’t injured badly. The perp had taken the hammer away from Pelosi’s Husband.

The rest of your post is in the wrong forum,

CNN reporting that Mr Pelosi had surgery for his injuries.

They are also reporting that Mr Pelosi managed to call 911 as the home invasion began and spoke in code, apparently to try to keep the attacker from realizing he had an open phone line. The dispatcher sent police.

I hope Paul Pelosi completely recovers. Everyone should be safe in their own home. I’m surprised the home wasn’t well guarded. Its well known the family is very wealthy.

I know Speaker Pelosi has a government security detail in Washington.

All congressional leadership gets 24-hour protection by Capitol Police. That of course doesn’t extend outside of DC.

I wonder if she traveled with a securiy detail on her trip to Taiwan.

Or at least all but impossible to break into.

I would’ve thought they’d have their own private security since they are so wealthy. Maybe they do, but it’s being kept under wraps so other potential assailants don’t know what to look out for. I don’t know.

It sounds like Paul Pelosi handled the situation pretty well. He called 911 without alerting the intruder and somehow kept him occupied until police arrived.

It’s unfortunate the police couldn’t stop the hammer attact. But it could have been much worse if they weren’t there.