Never thought I'd pit SNL (probably lame but I must vent)

Be careful arky, Jack Black seems to have a cult like following of lemmings here on the boards who will rise up with indignent wrath if you dare to suggest that he’s anything other than the second coming of Jesus Christ. I think he’s amusing at times but certainly nothing special, but the Jack Black SS is alive and well and living on these boards, so don’t be suprised if you get some flack for your OP.

Well let’s get to the bottom of it then, what the hell makes him so funny?

he kinda looks like Meatloaf ?

Ergh. My last girlfriend had some bizarre compulsion to watch SNL, and so by extension I was compelled, as well.

It was a real chore for me to sit quietly through that interminable ordeal without complaining about the insult to my intelligence.

They’ve happily settled into the toddler formula for producing laughter. If you repeat anything enough times, people will giggle if there’s nothing to distract them.

The numerous sketches that are based around the idea of a manifestly untalented and idiotic group of people doing a low-budget TV show seem to have staying power, though. I guess it’s best not to wander too far out of that comfort zone.

SNL has sucked for years.

My feeling towards Black is mixed. Sometimes he makes me laugh–like when they were doing the Lesbian Eye for the Straight Girl sketch and he asked about the dildos. I also laughed when he was dancing. Also, I like comedians who mix comedy with music. But his intensity is too much sometimes.

Actually, I can remember all the times I laughed during the show. 1) The dance show sketch, 2) Lesbian Eye for the Straight Girl (let your garden grow, girl) and 3) when Wanda Sykes and Bill Cosby were fighting. Which is more than I usually laugh during SNL.

I guess I’m part of the “easy to please” crowd.

Actually fuck it, it’s way too subjective to argue about, and most likely a waste of everyone’s time.

What about Kyle Gass??? Nobody even cares about him, do they!!!
No, seriously though, I my wife turned the channel to SNL, and I was in our, what we call the “office” playing around on the computer. I heard some of the show, though mostly I was tuning it out. I only remember the part where Norm and Shelly Long from Cheers was in the audience, and then he sang with what’s his name pretending to be Norm. It was all right I guess.
In my humble opinion, the best period for SNL was 90 - 95. Spade, Sandler, Nelon, Hartman, Farley, and the others were great. The original 75-80 was good too, but everything else sucked, in my opinion.

I couldn’t even sit through the opening bit. It’s like they wanted to remind right away what I hate about the show. I sat until they got to Arnold’s #4 talking point before I turned away in disgust. Way to (yet again) drag out a 30 sec joke for 7 minutes. The show sucks!

and where exactly is the “Jack Black SS” on this thread so far? one person say

one person say

bolding mine.

another person say

“Jack Black SS” indeed.

Otto, you are absolutely right, 100%.

No, gobear, I do not like Dido, Outkast, or John Mayer. Mayer was the musical guest on last night’s show and I didn’t hear anything special in either of his performances.

I also noticed Jack Black looks like Meatloaf. But who exactly are we complimenting with that one? :smiley:

I admit the dildo joke was funny. Didn’t know they let ya say that on late night TV.

And this guy has hosted the show before? Did I miss an episode?

And if one more person calls me arky I’m going to change my username. A little slip now and then is no big deal but enough is enough you guys! :mad:

Goodness, I didn’t know liking Jack Black made me a lemming. Here I thought I had my own opinion.

[monotone]Jack Black is better than Cats. I want to see him again and again.[/monotone]

Wait, that’s hypnotized, not lemming. I need to work on “lemming.” Maybe if I squeaked and ran long distances.

As many babies as I’m having for Jack Black, last night’s show did have oral sex with somebody’s male dog. I’ve started to realize that I watch the show for Amy, Horatio and Fred. Almost everything they do makes me laugh but the writing is so hit or miss it’s shocking.

I’m going to be Abraham Drinkin for halloween.

Well, if anyone doesn’t understand the appeal of Jack Black, then I direct them to his performance in the movie High Fidelity. If they still don’t get why he’s funny, then we know they are David Icke-style space lizards disguised as humans, and must be destroyed.

Actually, since Simon and Garfunkel have, I believe, recently reunited for at least a tour or something, I wouldn’t be surprised if SNL did ask them back, especially if they put together any new songs, especially considering Paul Simon’s history with SNL…

[fingers crossed]

Swear to god I go to my control panel and see 666 views on this thread.

Lighten up, Arky.

(-:

Calling me something you heard about through David Icke after flaming me over something I heard about on Coast To Coast with George Noory?

You are a hypocrite.