NEW Stupid Republican Idea of the Day (Part 1)

Republican Congresswoman says American citizens should get vaccinations before Hispanics. I guess there are no Hispanic citizens.

Parler, the site that claims to be in favor of free speech, has banned Milo because he was threatening to post the phone numbers of right wingers.

Hasn’t one of our Usual Suspects repeatedly argued that banning Milo is proof of Nazism?

Us” being the people of Pennsylvania, and not just Republicans, you fucking asshole.

Fuck. Just suspend the citizenship of all Republicans. They are not interested in being participants in a pluralistic society, so kick them out until they can demonstrate that they are

The family of Rep. Kinziger, (R) from Illinois who voted to convict on impeachment, have penned a nastygram about him.
" Republican Congressman Adam Kinzinger, one of the most vocal critics of former President Donald Trump, is facing backlash from his own family, as nearly a dozen of his relatives penned a letter, sent to the representative and published by the New York Times, calling him a “disappointment…to God” and a member of the “devil’s army.”

Of course those writing the tweets take for granted that we all appreciate the time-travel skills of our climate—who knew that it had the ability to react now to political decisions that will only be implemented in the future???

And thanks to Boebert, we now realize that the Green New Deal WILL be implemented at some future date (so that the time-traveling climate can react to it now). We owe her some thanks for this exciting news!

The mayor of Colorado City, Texas (whom I assume is a Republican) went on a rampage this morning about how people complaining about no water and no power should take care of themselves, and not whine at the government to do things for them. He has since resigned.

Looks like the GOP just found the next plank for thew party platform.

What an asshole, “The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes you NOTHING!”

They keep saying the quiet part loud.

If I’m paying taxes and paying utility bills, they damn well DO owe me something because I paid for it. They owe me the power I paid for and the help I paid for.

WTF does he think government is there for? What does he expect people to do for themselves, especially if they’re elderly or have medical conditions requiring power for equipment?

Our country is run by and populated by idiots. There are days when I have a large amount of sympathy for Efim Hawkins, although I wouldn’t do what he and his fellows did.

I think the full text of his rant should be very publicly available, if only to serve as an example of what a government official ought NOT be saying, thinking or doing as well as just generally what a privileged & entitled complete fucking asshole might sound like:

Oh, and notice that in his second rant, of course he’s the ddamned victim.

Although I may be wrong, based on context, I don’t think that he is referring to people paying their utility bills but instead people who have fallen on hard times due to the pandemic and have had their utilities cut off, and so need government relief. Still an asshole though.

I don’t think his family should be harassed or that his wife should lose her job just for having the poor judgement to be married to him, but on the other hand a bit of time struggling to make ends might theoretically do him some good. More likely though he would not learn a thing.

Of course, he was living off the government too - but that doesn’t count.

And there are two bottom lines in his rant.

Looks like he gets to keep his own counsel. With both he and his wife unemployed, they get to demonstrate to Colorado City how to live without government assistance.

One might ask that question of any Republican. They seem to think and using GOVERNMENT money and resources for the public is stealing from their personal maintenance and entertainment funds… oh, wait… that’s exactly what they think.

Getting in the way. St. Ronnie told us that the idea of a helpful government was laughable, and it’s been a Republican article of faith ever since.

The natural consequence is elected officials who don’t believe in government.

But the funny part is, that’s been the Republican position for decades. No welfare, no FEMA, no government help, no free ride, party of personal respopnsibility and all that. He’s just saying out loud what has been implied since Bush at least, porobably earlier.