NEW Stupid Republican Idea of the Day (Part 1)

Sadly, these days, our terrorists are citizens.

Yup, and republicans have cornered the market on it.

If there was a just God, a middlin’ sized asteroid would hit right then.

They don’ wanna play no mo’ and you can’t make them!

The change requiring candidates to refuse participation in the commission’s debates is to be voted on at the R.N.C. winter meeting in Salt Lake City in February. If the R.N.C. moves forward with it, it is unclear what that would mean for future debates. But it would change the approach to be similar to what happened before the commission existed, when the two parties or campaigns had to negotiate directly and agree on terms, or no debates would take place.

My bold.

Wrestling in big tubs of Jell-o, maybe? The ratings would certainly go up.

Are the best Nazis going to be there as well?

We might not have thought it at the time, but we (mostly) honorable people running the show up until President Stable Genius.

Meh, I figure with the GOP’s descent into where they are now, the concept of “presidential debates” has been thoroughly trashed now. I don’t foresee, at any point in the future, the VAST majority of Republicans capable of engaging, anymore, in any public discourse in good faith, hence, the immediate rendering moot of the validity of debate, tv ratings and eyeballs bedamned.

A stand up routine of comedic insults against other contenders perhaps.

Or a literal shit-flinging contest.

I’m seeing the barrage of GOP comments/social media posts about the Lewis Voting Rights Act and Biden’s passionate defense of voting rights the other day, and I’m just … gobsmacked.

People like Chuck Grassley are making the claim that a bill designed to help more people vote is somehow ripping rights away from Republicans. Erick Erickson and other bad-faith arguers are convincing thousands of people of the lie that Democrats are demanding photo IDs to buy groceries but not to vote.

And these appear to be working. Mass swaths of the American electorate are being brainwashed into the lie that the only way to have free and fair and secure elections is to make it harder, more expensive, and more restrictive to vote - particularly in areas that tend to vote Democratic - and, therefore, the only “fair” elections are the ones Republicans win.

Once they drive those lies into the heads of enough voters, unending minority rule by the GOP will become a self-fulfilling prophecy, and it will become nigh-near impossible to budge those dishonest dealers of misinformation out of office.

I feel like the entire country is taking crazy pills, and they don’t care! In fact, they enjoy the flavor.

Way back in the 1960s Mad magazine suggested picking the president through something like the Miss America pageant.

You don’t want to watch the Bathing Suit competition.

The Talent Competition would probably be pretty depressing, too (not everyone can play Cool Sax like Clinton)

Hell, the last go 'round, Biden literally told Trump to just shut up.

And half the country agreed with him.

At that point, there’s no point.

I wonder what Trump’s talent would have been? On second thought, I don’t want to know.

A meteor about 100 to 170 feet across created Meteor Crater in AZ, which is about 0.75 miles across. So it doesn’t even need a rock that’s all that big. Maybe 50, 75 feet once it gets through the atmosphere.

From ThelmaLou’s link

it is unclear what that would mean for future debates. But it would change the approach to be similar to what happened before the commission existed, when the two parties or campaigns had to negotiate directly and agree on terms, or no debates would take place.

Given that the two parties can’t agree on basic facts of nature, I think it is extremely clear what it would mean for future debates. Alex I’ll put all my money on “no debates would take place”.

https://www.theroot.com/republican-senate-candidate-herschel-walker-claims-he-f-1848352803

From the Daily Beast:
“Do you know right now, I have something that [you can bring] into a building, that will clean you of COVID, as you walk through this, this dry mist?” Walker asks.

Beck, processing this information, squints. Walker interprets this as an invitation to proceed.

“As you walk through the door, it will kill any COVID on your body,” he continues. He leans in and adds, “EPA-, FDA-approved.”

Fake Covid cure.

“Aside from making up anti-covid aerosols, the former Dallas Cowboys running back, is currently facing allegations of threatening to kill two women, one of them being his ex-wife, reported the Post. That didn’t seem to hurt any of his political support. The Post reported that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell had concerns about said allegations but endorsed Walker anyway.”

Thanks for your concern Mitch but that sort of thing is a GQP core qualification.

Walker discovered… Lysol.

Wait until he recommends injecting it.

I used to cheer for this guy when he was running back for the UGA Bulldogs, but that doesn’t mean I consider him qualified to run for office. Maybe he has the ability to evade tacklers and blockers, but that doesn’t translate to politics too well.

Oh come on, now, he clearly doesn’t expect us to inject it.

Merely to douse ourselves with it whenever we enter a room.

Typical lefties, trying to make everything a conservative says sound more ridiculous than it is!