[QUOTE=Sternvogel]
No mystery here – each of your classmates figured that he had no chance with you, since you were the hottest girl around, had your pick of the available men in town, and would thus break his geeky loser schoolboy heart if he dared to ask you on a date.
[/QUOTE]
Just to give some perspective, I remember the last time I came on to a really hot girl, way out of my league, who’d been flirting with me. It turned out that, why yes, she really was way out of my league, and slightly befuddled as to what she’d said or done that made me think differently.
[QUOTE=alice_in_wonderland]
See, now this is a real shame and - I suspect - the reason that I spend most Saturday evenings home alone with my dog, watching You’ve Got Mail for the 758,578th time, eating PopTarts.
Well, that and because, apparently I’m a bad date.
[/QUOTE]
Well then, fuck it. I’m going for it.
alice, wanna go on a date with me? I have a bush with your name on it.
Or, to put it more delicately – May I touch you with my penis?
[QUOTE=alice_in_wonderland]
Hehe - I’ve bumped into guys from highschool that said “You were the hottest girl in school - I totally crushed on you for all three years!” and I always say “That’s nice. I didn’t go on a single date with a guy in my highschool, because none of them ever asked me out.”
Go figure, eh?
[/QUOTE]
Man, this board is filled with my spiritual sisters. adds alice to the list of Dopers she really oughta take out to lunch some day to compare notes
Terry Pratchett calls it “the jerk syndrome” in Thud, Sternvogel already explained it.
tdn, dear, we already know what you want. Being too obvious is crass
To address the “She’s so cute, no one asks her out” syndrome – I knew about this way back in high school. I decided early on to capitalize on it. I asked out the cute girls that were out of everyone’s league. There were – without exception – dating someone.
[QUOTE=Rick]
Dude, if the pay is $50/hr and it includes a chance to have lunch in the park with Alice, who gives a shit if it is -40? Alice will keep you warm.
Think man, think!
[/QUOTE]
I am thinking. You have no idea what really cold weather does to me, I tend to sleep all the time when it’s cold out. alice could no doubt keep me warm, but the uh, “physical activity”, necessary to ensure that I wasn’t sleeping 12 hours or more a day would be such that I’d be at risk of dying from protein loss! (Though, I must admit it wouldn’t be a bad way to go! ;))
[QUOTE=alice_in_wonderland]
Why do I suddenly feel like I’m being auctioned off to the highest bidder…
[/QUOTE]
It is getting a little creepy around here. Why don’t you and I go outside for a walk and a bit of fresh air…