(Old) I owe, I owe, so off to Mump I go - A Tax Season MMP

JtC you are a good person. Children should not suffer because their parents are idiots, but you know there is a community of the parents’ peers that will help them.

That would have to be one ambitious chihuahua boy! Side note: one of Nelson’s dog park buddies is a chi - GSD cross. Yes, Bobby’s dad was an ambitious chi. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you make dog cookies?

The kid is being treated and cared for. Mom and Dad have no problem putting your life in danger by their refusal to vaccinate. I’m with you.

Dinner should be ready in about 15 minutes. Salmon and asparagus.

You guys are wonderful, thanks so much for having my back!

Sometimes I focus so much on one part of the issue that I lose track of the big picture.

Other neighbors are stepping up with suggestions as who to call for help with utilities and one neighbor has already posted that they would make a few meals. The child is being cared for and everyone is getting fed.

They live too far to walk over for a visit, but I signed the two youngest up for Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library.

Dolly is considered to be a goddess by most folks out this way, the parents agreed to this right away because DOLLY!

Beef liver cookies and only in the summer - so I can open all of the windows while they are baking. PM me your address and I’ll make Nelson some in a couple of months.

I’d use chicken livers, they don’t smell nearly as bad, but they are almost impossible to get out this way anymore.

You are a very clever lady.

And I agree that it is a dilemma, but if they are not in danger of losing life and home, I’d say they need to see the consequences (whether they learn from it is another thing)/

Cupcakes, have a couple Labradoodles next door, very friendly and energetic dogs.

Pilot, glad the knee replacement went well, sorry to hear about friend’s Mom. It is an ongoing concern with me, living alone and with little company. Been thinking about some type of alert system for the just-in-case scenarios, but don’t know if that would help if I had a severe stroke. Mind you, my health is very good, but…

Yet. Hopefully nevermore.

Soccer has been coached and dinner eaten, car is full of gas (so am I, I reckon) and I’m ready to start a new week. Getting the carpet re-stretched, a small wall repair, the second bathroom vanity restored to it’s proper position, and furniture back where it belongs will be the major accomplishments of the next week…along with laundry, a dental appointment and a donation to Purple Heart. Can hardly wait.

Take care all and I’ll catch you on the next MMP.

Winging a hefty bundle their way.

And to finish off the week, there is snow on the ground in N. Ali-bama. Admittedly it is a light dusting around the grass but still snow.

And I was remiss in Pilot’s notes about his friend’s Mom; My positive waves have been sent that way.

Now I’ll catch all y’all on the next MMP.

My vacuum wasn’t working, so I slapped a Dallas Cowboys sticker on it, and now it sucks again.
Packers 48 Cowboys 32
#GoPackGo :cheese: :football:
So I did take Ace to the dogpark, and he got to meet some other dogs through the fence. He also got to meet The World’s Most Excitable Dog(a small wire haired terrier that has a piercing squeal like the sound of a haggis and a Bagpipe fornicating) Ace was calm on his last walk, and was actually able to function in General Population for 30 minutes. I will continue the dogpark thing.

{{{{Pilot and Mom firend }}}}

Reminds me of the time we had the “we must stay open for the good of the community” voicemail from the one DM when we had a blizzard. So we opened, and did…$12 in sales. :roll_eyes:

Mrs. L.A. showed me how to use the Bissell carpet cleaner thing today. We don’t really use it since Tonka went blind and was urinating in inappropriate places.

Even with no precipitation today, I-5 was a total mess between Portland and Springfield, slushy and with drifting snow, speed sometimes down to 5 mph and averaging 30. Multiple jacknifed trucks from Saturday, I think, lanes inaccessible, sand from prior treatment making paste on the windscreen, and very cold. In town, no buses, everything closed. Thick, slick ice on the roads and sidewalks, impossible to walk. Crazy weather!

I have a recipe for dog biscuits. I also have cutters in the shape of a dachshund, or a fire hydrant.

My dad had a dog picked up as a stray, so we had to guess at what he was. But based on how he sounded and looked, he was half Bassett hound and half Labrador. And I once saw an ad someone posted for free puppies, saying there mother was a St. Bernard and father a very determined cocker spaniel.

Any of you guys heard from @VOW, this go 'round?
I’m beginning to worry.

The last time they read or posted on the 'Dope was Nov 2. So 2+ months ago. Easy enough to look at their profile page and see that. They were having vexing economic problems but no sign of medical ones.

Happy MLK Jr. Day. I have half the day to myself.

This podcast hit the spot this morning. If you want to think about how to sustain yourself and do good work and move beyond anger and fear in the pursuit of justice, it’s hard to do better.

This inspiring take makes me think about all the fear holding me back right now. It’s a busy month at work, and I keep coming back to this worry that now is the time when it all falls apart, when I will fail. And I feel myself stuck in fear when I need to be moving forward. So the task before me is to figure out what sustains me, and do that.

That is rough. She sounds like a strong woman. I hope she finds a way to recovery.

FYI all, this is now last week’s MMP.

The new one is over here:

I know this is late but i remember reading about a pit bull and chi mix … the pit mom had two puppies and they were “different” All anyone could say was that was one very determined chihuahua and make jokes about latin men …

Not only a determined father, but the mom really had to want it to be cooperating like that.

Or some human assistance was involved.

When you first made that post I was tempted to write “I’d pay money to see that”, but it seemed a bit too “off” for the delicate sensibilities of the MMP. Since the topic keeps being revived I’ll take a flyer on that sentiment now.

That is a joke, right? :smile:

You have met our swampie, haven’t you?