People Can't Get Over Pete Davidson Attending Aretha Franklin's Funeral

He’s a member of the SNL cast, and a bit of a professional 12 year old overall. I think folks just perceive his presence as lowering the gravitas of any occasion.

Ok, so you are saying that Clinton, Farrakhan, and Sharpton were all checking out Grande and commenting on it? Or perhaps you didn’t really want to defend that post?

Incidentally, perhaps Ariana Grande was the obvious choice to sing “Natural Woman” at the funeral. She can do brilliant singing impressions of many other well-known female singers. She can also do some impressions of actresses too. What’s more, whoever organized the funeral almost certainly knew that Grande would be bringing her fiancé. I’m surprised so many posters didn’t know that they were engaged. It was a big news story when they announced their engagement after they had been dating for just a few weeks.

I don’t know who the guy is and I don’t care. Can’t they focus on the event itself, or Aretha? I’d like to hear about the artists/tributes, not some bloke in the “audience”.

Oh, I forgot to include this in my post. Here are some of the websites that have collected Grande’s impressions. There are many other websites that talk about this:

No idea how you interpreted my post that way or what you think I need to defend.

Here’s the series of posts. Jim’s Son finds something appropriate about Clinton, Farrakhan, and Sharpton in proximity to each other.

Were you referencing something else?

He probably thought you were defending Jim’s Son’s post (the one that earned a warning) when you answered for Jim’s Son. That was how it looked from here.

ETA: What he said.

[Moderating]
And I think we can now officially end the hijack about what Jim’s Son said.

Did Pete Davidson clap back yet?

Oh yayyyyyyyy…now funerals are the new politicized outrage machines.

Pete being there
Arianas outfit
The pastor grabbing her breast
The shots at Trump
Bill looking at Arianas butt

I may actually be conflating Arethas and McCains funerals.

The 19-20 yo girls who were at my house were all enraged about this very subject. AG is very vocal on Instagram and Twiiter. And of course they all love her and Pete. I’m pretty sure the girl is quickly using up her 15min. of fame. It will all pass soon. As for the groping preacher and leering Bill, people will always find something to bitch about.

She’s been producing hits for over 5 years and was on Nickelodeon tv shows before that. She may be getting overexposed but I don’t think you can call this a 15 minutes of fame situation.

I don’t really get the Ariana Grande hate from people. It’s like Gaga-hate…they’re both incredibly talented but some people let their preconceptions define both of them rather than their abilities. I mean, I’m not a huge fan of either, but I can acknowledge what they’ve got.

Oh I know she’s very famous. The younger set really digs her. I guarantee in 5-10 years she willl be a footnote. Remember Brittany, Miley, Demi, and all the Spice girls. They are famous for being famous screw ups. Disney produces a new crop every few years.

So when you said 15 minutes of fame, you meant a 10-15 year successful career as an artist?

And no, those women are not famous for being screw ups.

Are you saying a young woman being groped in public does not deserve outrage?

And I ask you: Are you saying that people should not be bitching about the bishop groping Ariana in public?

How is outrage over groping political?

Are we saying only on side thinks this is wrong?

She also starred on Broadway when she was 14.