Phallic trees upset neighbors.

I hope someone hasn’t already posted this.

With an amusing picture, to boot.

::sigh::

Maybe this.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!..

gasp
…HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I give you the Fox River Oracle, which was dedicated at the northern end of the new Oneida Street Bridge in my hometown (Appleton, WI) in 1987.

It was promptly rechristened “Sniffing Poodle Park,” because quite a few people though it looked like “a poodle sniffing at the base of a giant erection.” Apparently we have a lot of naughty minds in Appleton.

The photo at lower left shows the view you see as you come (heh-heh, heh-heh-heh) over the bridge from the south.

Gotta love Santa Cruz.

CLASSIC. :smiley:

Is it just me, or is it somehow oddly appropriate that someone who goes by the name throatshot would be the OP? That being said, I think the real reason the person’s complaining is because they haven’t seen anything phallic in a very long, long time. (If you know what I mean. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.)

I swear, there’s nothing sexual about my handle. I was playing the demo to the original Soldier of Fortune when my husband commented that I was shooting a lot of the enemy in the throats. Voila! Throatshot.

When I get old enough to have a house, my trees will look like that.

Beautiful subtle humor by whoever headlined that one, too.

That tree reminds me of my mother.

Oh my

Ahhhahahahaha! “The 20-footer…performs best in moist soil and slight shade!”

Reminiscent of this perhaps. This is a genuine tree, shown on Burkes Bakyard in Australia.

They DO grown on trees.

“Sunset says the plant “performs best” in well-drained soil.”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!

Absolutely. :slight_smile:

Heh. Or Bart Simpson’s.

I saw one in the 70s in La Jolla, but it was a cactus & the tips were blooming.

All I have to say, as a semi-avid gardener, is that is the ugliest shrub I’ve ever seen. Even bypassing the whole phallic thing. Bleah.

jayjay

The question of phallic trees leads inevitably to the insights of the Perfect Master on a closely related subject.