Polls only: No discussion

Can a thread have more than 2000 polls?

• Yes
  • No
  • We’ll find out in 30-40 more posts

0 voters

Can a poll have more than 2000 threads ?
  • No
  • Other

0 voters

• “Horse with No Name”
  • “Hotel California”
  • “Escape (The Pina Colada Song)”
  • Oh don’t ask me to choose, it’s like asking which of my children I hate the most

0 voters

For the last poll, did you pick the song you hate the most or like the most?
  • Hate
  • I didn’t choose

0 voters

Do you “entertain” in your home? (Invite people over who are not relatives for food and drink of some sort) (ignore COVID)

• yes
  • no
  • it’s complicated, other

0 voters

What brand is you refrigerator? If you have more than one, pick the one in your kitchen.

• Whirlpool
  • GE
  • Hotpoint
  • KitchenAid
  • Frigidaire
  • Kenmore
  • Maytag
  • Samsung
  • LG
  • Electrolux
  • Bosch
  • Danby
  • Haier
  • Sub-Zero
  • Viking
  • Cafe
  • Amana
  • Other

0 voters

Is it running?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don’t know

0 voters

Are you going to go catch it?

• Yes
  • No
  • It’s not running
  • Why you little…

0 voters

If you do regular exercise (any physical activity beyond what is required), what is/are your reason(s) for doing so?

• to get stronger
  • to get faster
  • to improve endurance
  • to improve my physique
  • to improve my mental health
  • to improve my physical health
  • to improve sleep
  • to increase energy
  • to train for a test, competition, or other athletic event
  • some other reason
  • I don’t know. It’s just a thing you’re supposed to do.
  • I don’t exercise beyond my normal activities.

0 voters

You are a progressive in a right-wing theocracy/regime that rigs all elections, violates human rights and cracks down on all dissent. Do you support a coup/insurrection?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Do you enjoy exercise?

(You may choose one answer for physical feelings and one answer for mental feelings.)

• Yes, oh yes, the endorphins are so amazing! Love the endorphins! Such a high. Mmmmm, exercise!.
  • Yes, I physically feel pretty good after exercising. It’s enjoyable to move my body around.
  • Yes, I mentally feel pretty good after exercising. I did a good thing for myself!
  • I feel OK.
  • No, I feel physically spent, exhausted, sore, stiff, or something like that. Not good.
  • No, mentally it sucks – it’s infuriating I have to waste my time, or my brain is sooo bored during exercise, or something of that sort.
  • It sucks great big donkey balls. The only upside is at the end I can say “Thank God Almighty I don’t have to do THAT again for another 23.5 hours!”

0 voters

Additional answers for @Velocity’s political poll.

• I emigrate
  • I try to work for change within the system
  • I try to live within the system because, like all systems, there are cracks which are likely to widen and cause change.

0 voters

Follow-up to “What brand is your refrigerator?”:

• I knew the answer right away
  • I kinda knew the answer but had to go check in my kitchen
  • I had no idea and had to go check in my kitchen
  • Other
  • Refrigerator atheist / agnostic

0 voters

The following scenario is something that happened in real life in Russia recently:

Suppose you are an inmate in a Russian prison. A high-ranking official shows up and announces that all prisoners who fight in Ukraine as conscripts for 6 months will be granted their freedom and a full pardon. Assuming this offer can be taken at its word, how many years would there have to be remaining in your sentence for you to agree to go fight?

• 5-10 years
  • more than 10 years
  • more than 20 years
  • more than 30 years
  • life sentence or sitting on death row
  • I would not go fight in Ukraine no matter what.

0 voters

In contemplating that last poll, did you wonder how bad the conditions in a Russian prison are, thinking that might influence your answer?

• Yes
  • No
  • There are no atheists or vegetarians in foxholes.

0 voters

Natural disasters you have witnessed:

• Earthquake
  • Hurricane
  • Landslide/avalanche
  • Tornado/cyclone
  • Volcano eruption
  • Wildfire
  • Other
  • None of these

0 voters

Did you know this thread now has a companion thread for discussion:

• Of course!
  • Well, I do now
  • No
  • Huh, that goes against everything that is sacred
0 voters

Have you heard the expression “Teaching grandmother to suck eggs” before? (exclude recent SDMB conversation on the topic)

• Yes, I’ve heard it
  • No, not once, as far as I recall
  • Other, in case “yes” or '“no” don’t apply

0 voters

Did you know that Tolkien made reference to that phrase in Bilbo’s and Gollum’s riddle game in The Hobbit?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Do you know about the above expression from Ren and Stimpy?

• Yes
  • No
  • Who are Ren and Stimpy?
  • Actually I know it from Stinky Wizzleteats.

0 voters

Several armed militia men from your neighboring state/region come to your house. They show you a ballot where you can vote whether you want your state/region to be annexed by the neighboring state/region. The militia men make a show of their weaponry, and tell you that you must mark this ballot – yea or nay – while they stand there watching you vote. How do you mark the ballot?

• I vote “yea”: I would LOVE to be annexed by a neighboring state/region thug regime.
  • I vote “yea”: I would HATE to be killed by these thugs, and I know this is an illegal vote, and I would hope my duress vote won’t be held against me.
  • I vote “nay” and let the chips fall where they may.

0 voters

Are you a natural born American, 35 or older, and have lived in America for 14 or more years?

• yes, I am eligible to run for U.S. President
  • no, I am ineligible

0 voters