Primetime Cartoons: Throwdown

1. Simpsons
  2. Futurama
  3. South Park (before the movie)
  4. Family Guy.
  5. King of the Hill

28, m

If eligible Venture Bros would be very high and grouped with 5 and 4.

1. The Simpsons
  2. Futurama
  3. Family Guy
  4. King of the Hill
  5. South Park

Male 23

5-The Simpsons
4-King of the Hill
3-Futurama
2-South Park
1-King of the Hill

39, male

Looks like you have a love-hate relationship with King of the Hill. :smiley:

5 - Futurama
4 - The Simpsons
3 - South Park
2 - King of the Hill
1 - Family Guy

King of the Hill gets two points, but only because I love the other three so much. I know it gets a lot of hate for being boring, but I like its sense of humor. It’s good but in its own way.

1. Futurama
  2. Family Guy
  3. The Simpsons
  4. King of the Hill
  5. South Park

The Simpsons would have been #1 if you’d done this poll ten years ago (and all of the other choices still somehow existed). As it stands, Futurama is the only show on the list that’s both plot- and character-oriented as well as genuinely funny, so it gets top marks. Family Guy has made me laugh audibly more often than all the others combined. I don’t really care about King of the Hill.

South Park? Once in a rare while they’ll do something amusing, but the novelty of using foul-mouthed precocious children and poop jokes as a platform for blindingly obvious social commentary wore out long ago, inasmuch as it was ever there in the first place.

5-Futurama
4-Simpsons
3-South Park
2-Family Guy
1-King of the Hill

35, male

I don’t have many bad things to say, as I love all of these shows. Let’s see…The South Park movie was better than the Simpsons movie. If I’m only talking about the last few years, South Park (and probably FG) rise above the Simpsons. KotH, while on the bottom, is a show I like a lot…it would make a pretty good live-action show.

Long live the Venture Bros!

I cannot believe King of the Hill isn’t getting more love. It’s definitely the odd man out on this list, but I thought it would have its followers. It’s been in a good timeslot on a major network for 11 or 12 seasons now. Sure, it’s not drop dead funny, but it’s not meant to be. It’s just a show about an average suburban Texas neighborhood, and a particularly good one, IMO. It’d be higher on my list if not for the extraordinary quality of the 3 shows above it.

Oops! Let’s re-do ths:

5-The Simpsons
4-King of the Hill
3-Futurama
2-South Park
1-Family Guy

There. That’s better.

5-Futurama
4-The Simpsons
3-South Park
2-King of the Hill
1-Family Guy

60, female.

That’s what I’m talking about! Can you discuss what you like and don’t like about these shows? I don’t think they’re very popular with your demographic.

1. King of the Hill
  2. Futurama
  3. The Simpsons
  4. Family Guy
  5. South Park

32/m

The scores so far:

Please don’t look at these if you haven’t voted yet. I don’t want them to influence your vote. We’ll get a 2nd round of voting in over the next few days and then announce the winners.

Futurama: 107
Simpsons: 106
South Park: 70
Family Guy: 69
KotH: 53

If someone comes from behind to blow the leaders away I’ll know that a bunch of you peaked, so don’t do it!!!

1. The Simpsons (Highest Rated)
  2. South Park
  3. Family Guy
  4. Futurama
  5. King of the Hill (Lowest Rated)

23, M

You’ve got them backwards. The Simpsons will receive the fewest amount of points and King of the Hill the greatest, in this format.

That’s why I tried to denote which was my highest rated. But if you’d like me to re-do it, that’s fine.
5. The Simpsons (Highest Rated)
4. South Park
3. Family Guy
2. Futurama

1. King of the Hill (Lowest Rated)
  1. Futurama
  2. Simpsons
  3. South Park
  4. Family Guy
  5. King of the Hill

male, 39

It’s just that I won’t read your post and might not remember you reversed your order when I’m tallying.

5.) Futurama
4.) South Park
3.) Simpsons
2.) Family Guy
1.) King of the Hill

Male, 49½.

1. The Simpsons (highest rating)
  2. Futurama
  3. Family Guy
  4. King of the Hill
  5. South Park (lowest rating)

I’d rate South Park lower if I could. Funny bits, but overall a sucky “shock value” show. Family Guy and Futurama are a tie to me, but Family Guy has sucked more recently so it’s #3.

Male, late 30’s.