Project Runway Season 14

Candace’s seaming looked puckery as well. What did she use, pleather?

Boring, muddled challenge, boring muddled dresses. And what is with the fear of color?

Boo on the winner but the right person went home. Kelly should have been a contender just for doing something different.

There is always a mousy-brown girl who goes home around this time, and we all never quite figure out her name and so it was this one’s time to go.

9/3 show - Paint ball challenge:

I do see that the boys plus Merleen did well working together, and I like the design of Edmund’s dress, but the idea that someone would wear that print on a red carpet is silly.

The second mousy brown-haired girl went home. I think the mermaid skirt/strap-tube top monstrosity was worse.

Good on Kelly Osbourne and Blake for calling out the mean girls. Piling on Ashley when you made the hideousness you made is silly. Those Easter egg paint blobs – the worst use of a white sheet since the latest KKK rally.

Textile Design is a different specialty than Fashion Design so it’s not surprising that designers struggle with it during these challenges. When they used to create it on the computer, there were a lot of shit patterns from good designers. SO when this challenge pops up, the smart thing to do is sit back and think about it first. Not smashing paint balls in ALL THE COLORZ over all the cloth. Color theory, people!

Blake actually showed some compassion towards Ashley. Who knows if it was sincere.

Blake was almost human this episode. The mean girls can all go home, but Ashley does need to learn to make her voice heard. Just giving up because everyone is talking over you and you were picked last (after all, someone had to be) isn’t going to get you very far. And unless the group equals a prime number, there’s always the possibility of a team/paired challenge.

StG

The reason Ashley took being picked last so badly was because there was NO good reason for her to be picked last. If you’ve been in the bottom three twice, you expect it, and know why, which makes it easier to take. If, on the other hand, you’ve won twice and never been in the bottom, the only reasons are personal.

And I recall that some of Ashley’s personal story centers around overcoming that kind of petty mean-girl bullshit so being picked last probably was a bit more hurtful for that reason.

I’m not too worked up either way over this challenge but the right person went home. She was in over her head from day one. The winner - well I just find it a little ho-hum when the same designers win more than one challenge right at the start of the season. Unless the producers are setting up a surprise Aufing or something. That said, I am kind of team Edmund because I admire his persistence in trying out for so many years and now that he’s on truly bringing it. I find myself hoping he goes all the way.

My prediction is Swapnil (if he keeps a lid on that taste question), Ashely, and Edmund in the finale with Murline for the dark horse fourth.

I think Girl George is up next to go home. Her work is just too inconsistent and Nina doesn’t like her aesthetic.

Why was Swapnil’s dress lower in the front? It looked odd.

EXACTLY what Ashley tried to tell them, but with the pale white woman running the show, they were doomed.

I agree. The concept was fun but the execution wasn’t up to his usual.
And WTF was up with “give me the scissors you’re in the middle of using, or you’re not a team player”??? Huh?

I watch way too much reality TV, and I have never seen such naked mean girl bullying (on a competition show, I don’t watch the housewives or suchlike). That was some seriously ugly behavior.

ETA: Finally figured out who the head mean girl reminds me of: Vampira.

Kelly reminds me of Boy George, and Candace reminds me of Natasha from Bullwinkle.

I loved the bodice of Swapnil’s dress, and the shirt tied around the waist idea but I didn’t like it in motion, it bobbed up and down as the model walked. It also dipped in front so it ended up looking clumsy.

I think she has a ways to go yet. Her city skyline tshirt was good last week, even if it didn’t get judged, a lot of viewers thought it deserved to be in the top and her Hallmark card outfit was top three. Both Joseph and Jake lucked out this week; I think they will leave before she does. Lindsay too.

Bingo.

Yes; I don’t really know which is which yet, but they will be winnowed out soon. Just splattering the paint well and then making another boring dress won’t be enough.

9/10 Heidi Klum Intimates
Holy shit, I thought I couldn’t hate the word “panties” more than I already did, but this ep did it. I like Tim; I don’t want to hear the p-word come out of his mouth. I wanted Ashley to win partly for her look but mostly because she said “underwear” instead.

Ahem. Anyhoo, I did not like Merleen’s winning look. It might be OK under a sheer shirt but it didn’t do much for the model’s boobage. Laurie’s underwear would have been OK as a lower style, or as shorts. I was surprised people didn’t make more boyshorts; that seems like a current style. OK, maybe it was current five years ago but that’s more recent than when high-cut high-waisted underwear was in.

Sorry to see Blake go because he is more interesting than boring polka dot guy, but that bra was the saddest thing in a long while. And I’m assuming part of it is how out of touch he is with what it would mean to be a designer to a range of women.

I really expected Merline’s to be in the bottom. Blake definitely deserved to go for his, but I thought hers was pretty bad.

I thought it would be Ashley for the win. They a.ways make tweaks in production–half the time you barely recognize the original and the sale product, so some of the panty problems could have been dealt with.

Also expected Merline to, if not go home, certainly not win – her bra was uneven and made the model’s boobs look droopy.

Not as droopy as Blake’s did, though. And anyone that skeeved out by the very thought of a woman’s body should not be making clothes for women. I was good with that Auf.

I expect Blake to be back in future seasons of Project Runway “All Stars” where they bring back past participants. Give him a couple years to mature and get experience and he might be a different person.

But yeah, his bouncy boobs bra was awful. But it was kind of fun to watch the model walk down the runway.

Yeah, how they can make A-cup skinny women have flabby, droopy boobs was beyond me.

gigi - I thought I was the only woman who hates the word “panties”.

StG