Project Runway Season 14

LALALALALALA I can’t hear you!!

Hearing “me likey” out of Zac Posen was a little cringe-inducing too.

Hilarious how they tried to keep the show clean by having the models cover their butts while walking. Standing still and having it all hang out was OK though.

The words panties and underpants are equally cringe worthy. Still not as bad as moist though.

Tim was adorable with a pocket square in his bathrobe, and with his hair mussed up the following morning.

I didn’t care for Swapnil’s strappy set. No bra should come up to your neck, and how the hell would you get that thing on?

Right! Even as a bedroom costume, it is way too complicated! And the…bottoms were not proportional and didn’t tie in well with the top either.

I know not how because we’re a pretty straight and narrow kind of place, but somehow it came up in an informal meeting at work how much “p-nties” is disliked. And then someone mentioned “moist”. And then someone said “and the two together – ewww!” I wished I could transport myself out of the room and down the hall. Or to another country.
Thinking about it more, I’m surprised Natasha’s garter thingie (I didn’t mean strap-on!) didn’t do better, just as a statement/costume/bedroom piece. I preferred it to Merline’s.

Well. I don’t disagree that Blake deserved to go home for that mess but I wonder why they bothered trying to rehabilitate him in the last 2 episodes. It would have been much more satisfying if he’d still been a villain.

The boring polkadots, while not a great fit, were the only ones that I could see buying as an actual ya know, female with a non-model-body. But then I guess I don’t buy my undergarments for style so much as comfort. I am here to tell you though that Heidi is right about the seam up the front issue.

I dunno, not as interesting an episode as I might have hoped given it wasn’t another “make a pretty dress” challenge. Yawn.

I agree with every word of this post.

The word panties makes me cringe. Underwear, people, underwear. It’s just got more dignity. Panties is such a demeaning and babyish word.

Also totally agree on the Merleen vs. Ashley look. And yeah Blake is more interesting than JC Penny guy. But he also had a sort of discomfort with women’s bodies that reminded me of Mr. Faux English Accent You’re So Fat Guy from a few seasons ago. Get comfortable with women’s bodies men, or stop telling us what to wear.

Not “panties,” not “moist,” and please not “vagina” unless you know what that is, and the difference between it and the general underwear region.
Candice-Natasha was right when she said "Blake still doesn’t know where the vagina begins and stops,” but apparently neither does she. :rolleyes:

Ok, pet peeve aside, I liked hers and Boy George Jr’s more than Merline’s look and was surprised neither of them made it.

Anyone else’s DVRs cutting off the last minute of the show lately?

It happened to us last week not this one. I had to rush to the show to find out that Amanda had been auffed.

I don’t like the Heidi challenges. She has a very narrow viewpoint and in this case, it was intimate wear not underwear. Something that you put on in the bedroom and wear for like 5 minutes.

Look at her website, I did to see Merline’s set. Most of the stuff is covered in bows which always look lumpy under clothes. It’s priced around $65 and the sizing goes up to 36 or 38. Merline’s is S-M-L, LOL.

I haven’t seen any of her collection in person but I imagine it’s the same quality (or lack of it) as Victoria’s Secret.

I just caught up with the last few episodes. I have to wonder what the judges have been smoking with the winners. I agreed with the auffers, though.

I could see how they would think Blakes billowing trash-bag innovative and if it had been done well, it could have been much better. But he should not have won just because he had an interesting idea when his execution was so awful.

Merline’s win for that weird bra was ridiculous. There’s no way that will work on anything above an A-cup and even for that size it didn’t fit right.

As for the team challenge Mean Girls fiasco. For someone who seems rather quiet Laurie wasn’t afraid to speak up and good for Blake also sticking up for Ashley in the waiting room. I don’t know why Candace felt the need to rescue Amanda when everything she’s made has been awful, picking her first was not going to make her better and as Heidi pointed out was a stupid strategy but so was everyone else passing Ashley over, the boys did it, too.

Another thing that annoyed me about Amanda is that she blames everyone else but herself. Those are her designs and her skills that have put her in the bottom. No one asks her who she means when she whines about other people’s stuff being worse than hers and why is she being persecuted by being in the bottom because they know she deserves it. Even though I hate the drama I was hoping at least one person would say, “honey, all those bottom looks were your doing so stop blaming in on others.”

Even though I know in my head that it’s the producers asking for it in order to get a soundbite, I still am always yelling at these people – “Don’t worry about the other designers’ looks, worry about yours!” You don’t have time to criticize others when you have only a little time to complete something excellent yourself.

It may well be some encouragement from the producers but her blaming others happened way too many times, so I think she really is that type of person.

Heidi Klum’s taste is all in her mouth, as far as I’m concerned. But the designers need to recognize what she likes and cater to it if they want to win.

StG

Does anyone else remember the argument Santino got into with – Heidi? Nina? – about the lederhosen underwear? I’m not finding it on YouTube so suspect I’m misremembering some search term.

IMHO, they’re stretching to come up with different challenges. This one was certainly different, although stupid. And Blake has been so annoying (can he really be that naive?) that I’m glad to see him go. He’s only, what, 23 or 24, and presumably gay, so I guess it’s possible that he doesn’t know where female genitalia are located. However, how can he expect to design clothes for women if he doesn’t know how they’re built?

At least he wasn’t poking at her, like (who was it?) “Is that your butt crack? <poke> Show me where it starts…”

A friend of ours goes to Victoria’s Secret and when he finds a likely choice, he tosses it to the floor to see what it will really look like. Seems like expensive stuff to be visible on his wife for only a minute or two.

Every time they said the P-word, I was thinking of a songthat another friend does…

It was Nina.

Nina Garcia: (referring to Santino’s designs) It’s aesthetically not pleasing.

Santino: I think lingerie is sexy and I think it’s supposed to come off, is what I think Nina! (Nina said in an exaggerated tone).

I think Blake is one of those people who think “stupid” is cute. It’s usually girls I see doing that.

The Nina vs Santino clip.

oh WOW, that clip embodies everything Project Runway USED to be.

I love Santino’s smackdown of Nina and how he stands with his arm crossed, just waiting for her to say something stupid. He should have been aufed for that cr@p instead of Daniel Franco. I love me some Season 2 PR.