Questions about Pop-Tarts

Having recently watched the Pop-Tarts Bowl where many people were shown eating Pop-Tarts, I have some random questions.

Toasted or un-toasted?
What’s your favorite Pop-Tart?
Do you break it in half before eating?

My answers:
Preferably toasted but only lightly.
Strawberry with frosting.
Of course you break it. Starting off with a bite of mostly crust spoils the whole occasion.

Other Pop-Tart related questions are welcome.

Nuke for ten seconds

Haven’t eaten one in decades. But back when I did:

1. Toasted, but more warmed than crisped.
  2. Blueberry uber alles! The rest: meh. The frosted ones: pure heresy.
  3. Of course you break it. As you say, that’s the only way.

I’m going to the groc store later today and thanks to you now I have an idea. They’re not exactly low-carb friendly, but neither is the whole holiday season.

Toasted.
Brown sugar cinnamon.

They, or somebody should make a double fill pop tart.

As I said in a previous thread:

Is there any truth to the legend that Pop-Tarts were invented when a child wanted toast for breakfast but the only things in the house were two sheets of drywall and a thimbleful of jam?

Chocolate/marshmallow (s’mores?), cold, broken of course.

Actually, I’m not sure I’ve ever eaten a WARMED pop tart, they were always an emergency something-to-eat while rushing somewhere in a car thing for us.

That’s crazy talk. I want to get that bite of mostly crust out of the way first (while it’s still warm from the toaster) so I can go on to enjoy the rest of the Pop-Tart.

Toasted, but I will only eat the unfrosted ones, which limits me to strawberry.

I’ve been known to break off the crust and throw it away which negates the necessity of breakage.

I haven’t eaten any Pop-Tarts for years, but when I did, my go-to was unheated Brown Sugar Cinnamon.

I am the most fascinating snacker in the world.

From what I can recall i preferred Plain untoasted pop tarts only. Toasting dries them out and frosting? blech

Chocolate (or brown sugar cinnamon) nuked maybe 15 seconds. Yum!

I’m ok with the fruit filled ones, but chocolate is the best. End of discussion.

:laughing:

Brown Sugar Cinnamon Frosted, toasted.

But, since I developed diabetes, I don’t eat them anymore. And, now, my brain is imagining the smell of a brown sugar cinnamon Pop-Tart. :smiley:

This.

Toasted very dark. Then I cut each one into six squares (postage-stamp size) to cool them down.

Once I found a box of guava Pop Tarts at Big Lots. I guess they didn’t sell very well wherever they were launched. I liked them.

I suspect the 1970s poptarts were double-filled compared to the current ones.

Am I married to you? :slight_smile:

Cook it to nearly burnt then let it cool to room temp then eat it. She doesn’t do that with everything, but enough things that I can only shake my head in wonderment. But she likes her meat medium rare then cooled.

Good point.

But for us here now, we’re talking nostalgia value not nutritional or culinary value. As food they suck, they always sucked, but food nostalgia is always both sweet and savory regardless.

I liked the Pastry Swirls, especially the Cherry Cheese, but Apple Cinnamon was also good. Those I would heat up.

Hubby used to eat the frosted Strawberry ones, so those I would eat cold as a snack. I never heated them up. Never bite them.

Ever so often I almost consider making home made ones. Hmm, hubby’s birthday is coming up.

This is the only way.

Even though I have not had a Pop-Tart since, probably, the early 1980s.

mmm

ETA: These were far superior in my opinion:
Imgur

No frosting. Room temperature.

Was that cut at a 45-degree angle to make it appear there’s lots of filling?