Quick, what's your current earworm?

I always have an earworm, and oftentimes a rotating plethora of them. So for me to drop into this thread to name my current one, well, this one is powerful. It’s cannibalized all the others, and has taken over for a month at least

I’ve got a bad one. Really bad. I cannot get it out of my head!!!

AAAAARGH!!!

I Fall in Love Again, by Anne Murray

AAAAARGH!!!

Whatever happened to Richard Marx, eh?

With cat-like tread from The Pirates of Penzance

Yep, I’m a-gonna have to watch it again.

Which production/version?

Mine currently is “Little Black Dress” from the “Shock Treatment” soundtrack.

It’s 2:30 AM and I just woke up for a bio break…

AND THIS SAME DAMN SONG IS STILL IN MY HEAD.

How does one get rid of an earworm? Do I have to drive south 400 miles, go to Disneyland, and ride the It’s A Small World boats???

AAAAARGH!!!

Damn you, Anne Murray, get out of my head! I don’t even like the song.

The Linda Ronstadt/Kevin Klein version. It’s available to me, and has high production values.

The David Brubeck Quartet’s* cover of the Stranglers’ Golden Brown

* not really, actually done by a modern saxophonist

I saw a tiktok video of the cast of Anchorman on stage somewhere singing a nice acapella version of Afternoon Delight. UGH That song has been running through my head for 2 days!

“Take Me Home, Country Roads”. John Denver, of course.

I keep listening to this. Bleakly beautiful and just a little creepy - adapted from the title music for the true-crime HBO documentary I’ll Be Gone in the Dark:

I just had a rough couple of days with Wow by Kate Bush. No link provided. I do not like that song.

j

Boor-is the spiii-der! I came into my ear when I read about death growl voices and I saw Boris Johnson in my mind. If has been haunting me ever since.

You know the riginal, don’t you?

One of my all time favourites. The whole record, actually.

Of course, but I actually prefer Mann’s cover.

“All the leaves are brown, and the sky is grey…”

I could do worse.

mmm

As any child of the '70s will tell you, this 1 never gets old… :sunglasses:

This one snuck up on me as I was working outdoors and playing my iPod on shuffle. I had no idea it was in my collection.

It may not be the worst song ever recorded, but it’s in the running for most revoltingly awful excrescence of the 1950s.