Random Food-Related Confessions

Since someone brought up Hellman’s mayo, I must add to my confession.

The following vegetables can only be eaten when steamed and accompanied by Hellman’s/Best Foods:

broccoli
cauliflower
zucchini
summer squash
artichokes
asparagus (when there is a gun to my head)
brussel sprouts (when there is a knife at my throat)

There are probably more, but I can’t think of them at the moment.

In my youth, I was also a card-carrying member of the Peanut Butter and Mayo sandwich club, an often posted/discussed phenomenon.

Flander has almost forced me to stop reading this thread. I practically gagged just reading that, dude. You win. Cheeze-Ritz-Bitz are nothing compared to your hideous concoction. Yech.

My husband and one of his sisters will drink pickle juice straight. :eek:

I recently noticed that practically everything I cook has cheese in it. I guess it’s not a problem, since we don’t eat a whole lot of meat, and cheese is a good protein source, but it’s still odd.

When I was really sick as a kid, my mom had me sip pickle juice. Seems she learned this from my Gramma - when you can’t keep anything else down, try a sip of pickle juice. I think it’s the sodium that helps quiet my stomach but I dunno.

My food confession? Egg noodles, garlic salt, pepper, and the “shaky” cheese (parmesan in the green can). Mmmmmm Comfort Food.

Broccoli, artichokes, and asparagus are all perfectly understandable, but…
MAYO??? On cauliflower? :eek: Tsk. We won’t even discuss the brussels sprouts. And asparagus, IMO, is not fit for human consumption.

Zucchini.. Zucchini is understandable. Asparagus is just indegestible.

Cool, I’m not from the only family in the world that calls it “shaky cheese.” I eat straight from the jar.

Steamed zucchini is odd to me; it needs to be fried with onions. :smiley:

Why? Is black coffee drinking uncommon?

I eat far too much cheese and drink far too much black coffee.

Those things are awesome! I also love spray cheese, and I’ll eat Redd-Whip whipped cream straight out of the can. I seem to have a thing for aerosol foods. It’s sick, I tell you. Sick.

It’s not pickle water, it’s pickle juice, and must be consumed straight from the jar, preferably when no one is home, or the middle of the night, even when you are a self-supporting adult. Otherwise, it just isn’t the same. :wink:

You people are just not right.
So, I’m telling my SO about this thread, and happen to mention the spray cheese. His response?
" You could even hollow it out and do like a cordon bleu thing. You know. loaf of spam, underwood chicken spread, spray cheese. Good eats."
There are not enough :eek: :eek: :eek: smilies in the world for my reaction. I literally gagged. Oh, and he thinks his monitor is the perfect hotplate for soup right out of the can. :smack:

DAMN STRAIGHT! I mean…that juice is basically a liquid pickle, why let it go to waste?

My food confessions (well, in addition to drinking pickle juice)? Well, if I do say so myself, I’m an amazing cook, and and easily capable of making myself a delicious mean each night along the lines of herb roasted chicken, ribeye steak w/ garlic mashed potatos, etc. However, I more often than not resort to canned or frozen food chock full of sodium and preservative goodness. Along side my several spices and multiple bottles of olive oil (you can’t have just one kind, it don’t work!) I have spagetti-o’s and boxed mac 'n cheese. Next to my frozen chicken carcass for making some chicken stock I have cheap, frozen pizzas.

I also love Miracle Whip. Mayonaisse I can stand only in small doses, but Miracle Whip is divine. I eat sandwiches that are nothing more than whire bread and Miracle Whip.

I also, sometimes, will have A1 by itself. No steak…just the bottle and my mouth.

(short version of long story)

I was serving a plate of nachos in a night club and I snagged one, isolated chip on the far side of the plate before leaving the kitchen…

…only to see a long string of cheese from the customer’s plate to the corner of my mouth as I approached the table! :smiley:

Dammit. Now I’m thinking about this too.

I love real cheese, all kinds. I adore parmigiano, cotswold, gruyere, almost anything really except the toxic blues. But if I’m going to have a grilled cheese sandwich it must be Velveeta and no other cheese substance. My younger brother, the chef, thinks I’m a heretic.

I put sugar on chilli. Lots and lots of sugar. With onions.

I put salt on all my fruit, and if my husband didn’t give me odd looks, I’d put salt on ice cream as well.

I do lots of other things, but I think those are probably the worst.

The mac & cheese I grew up with was cooked elbow macaroni (Muellers) with loads of Cheez Whiz melted on it and slices of hot dogs. Mmmmmmmm. As a child, I remember being jealous of the kids across the street because they got Kraft Mac & Cheese, but as an adult, I know better.

My favorite potatoes are the kind I make in the crockpot with cream of mushroom soup, onions, and loads of cheddar cheese. Everyone who’s tasted these loves them, but they’re definitely guilt-inducing.

I love brussel sprouts.

I don’t like mayonnaise, but I love Miracle Whip. (I actually don’t mind mayonnaise that much if it’s from my own refrigerator. Just the thought of mayo from other people’s houses or restaurants, though, makes me a bit queasy.)

One of my favorite meals is pasta with butter, garlic powder, and soy sauce. I practically lived on that for a few years right out of college.

I have never tasted bleu cheese, sauerkraut or beets. I only recently tasted sour cream for the first time (like it!).

Iced sweeten (Splenda rocks) 20oz coffee with 1 tablespoon half & half and 3 tablespoons skim milk.

Ripe fresh tomatoes.

Steamed artichokes with vingerette.
Marinated artichokes.

Hard salami on whole wheat with KRAFT REAL Mayo.

Tuna salad made with the aforementioned mayo, boiled eggs, dill relish, green salad olives, celery, chopped onion, on whole wheat with romaine lettuce.

San Pelligrino bottle water.

<Homer Simpsom> Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:::drooool:::</HS>

Sometimes I have been known to sit with a jar of spaghetti sauce and use it as a dip for pieces of cheese.

It creates a vaguely pizza-like experience.

I home now, but my coworkers wanted me to add:

I eat tomato paste straight from a can as a snack.