Re Anthony Weiner's latest 3rd strike texting antics. Is he mentally unhinged?

So moral outrage is reserved for the unlikeable?

Third strike of getting caught. He hasn’t just sexted three women.

Indirectly, maybe?

If Hillary Clinton had kicked Bill to the curb, I would’ve nodded approvingly at her decision. But she didn’t; and who am I to second-guess her decision?

Huma Abedin is apparently kicking Weiner to the curb; I’m nodding approvingly. Did Hillary take Bill back because he’s so danged likeable? Maybe. Does Weiner not have that level of likeability? No, he totally doesn’t.

And if you think Bill has only had 3 affairs while married to Hillary, I’ve got some swamp land I’d like to sell you.

Oh, so the moral outrage, i.e. mentally unhinged, etc. is only reserved for those husbands whose wives finally separate from them? Got it. Good to understand where your moral compass sits.

For example, after Chris Brown beat Rhianna, he was an okay dude, but once she kicked him to the curb, all bets were off.

For all we know, Hillary and Bill had an arrangement and he didn’t “cheat” on her. Weiner’s wife, by decided to separate, has given us some evidence that she does not approve of his conduct.

Well, only with regard to running around on them. Like, if some guy picks my pocket or breaks my leg, I don’t much care what his wife says; my moral compass points to moral outrage. But infidelity? Meh, let me hear what his wife has to say.

No. Everyone lies about sex.

And while the Republicans were going after Bill Clinton in office, countless others were exposed as having had affairs.

Oh, are we only getting outraged when it’s a Democrat?

Re Bill Clinton he was such a prolific hound over the years you would have to think they had to have some kind of arrangement that she would tolerate it so long as he didn’t get caught. And apparently playing the long game has worked out for her.

In retrospect though it does surprise me how aggressively (as a prominent public figure) he chased tail and did not get fully snagged until in the case of Lewinsky he was more the pursued than the pursuer. Some female article writer commented once that if he had stuck with older women (vs a younger woman like Lewinsky) he probably would never have it go down the way it did. Lewinsky actually had it in her head that he was (somehow) going to leave Hillary for her.

For Bill Clinton’s perjury about Monica Lewinsky, he was tried in the longest and most publicized trial in the world. He was found guilty by the world’s largest jury. In the sentencing phase, he was set free with no penalty.

Now, if you want to judge him for his sins, with your 10 Commandments gavel, I can’t stop you. However, you have no standing in the case. The only person with the authority to punish him further for his sins is his wife. She’s the one he betrayed, and she forgave him. You and I don’t have the right to judge her forgiveness. The decision was hers alone.

He was found not guilty. If he had been found guilty, he would have automatically ceased to be president. (The sentencing phase would have been the decision on whether to disqualify him from future office. Removal is automatic and mandatory.)

Yes, but they are trying to make it mandatory. :wink:

" . . . by the world’s largest jury" I think what AskNott meant was that he’d been found guilty in the court of public opinion.

Weiner is just so juvenile. It’s the act of a 13-year-old kid to continue a behavior that has had such devastating results in the past. He definitely lacks any sort of self-discipline.

The man certainly has some serious problems. And while it’s easy to dismiss him with loathing and contempt, there’s also an underlying sadness about all the wasted opportunities. As a Congressman he was eloquent and passionate about issues like health care reform and could have had a promising political future. He’s managed to destroy his political career, his marriage, and his reputation, all for some crazy perversion that he was surely bright enough to recognize and seek help for. Such a waste of life and talent, brought on by no one but himself.

Incorrect. It was the equivalent of the grand jury saying that there was enough evidence to hold a trial and then an acquittal at the trial. He was absolutely not found guilty in the sense that you mean.

Fourth strike? This time with a teenager.

I used to really like this guy.

Class act, all the way (to the bottom).

A 15 year old? I think it’s time to call the police and have his skinny ass arrested.

Huma got out just in time.

It certainly seems like he wasn’t going to be happy until he ended up on the sex offender block.

The oddest thing about this (to me) is that after the initial go round and exposure of his sexting proclivities he’s basically (at that point) a payday, or at the minimum an attention getter, for any woman who wants to test the limits of how far he will go.

So he jumps on sexting again and is outed …again. And recently yet again. At what point does the “Hey now… wait a minute… the women I flirt with keep telling on me!” light come on?