Re Susanann: Do Not Feed The Idiot

Wow, I’ve seen some threads get derailed, but this is fucking ridiculous.

Well, I don’t know about you, but my gasser guy is E.F. Hutton, and he says:

“The joke’s getting old, right?”

To be fair, the joke was old in 1981.

i’m down, but i think that ship may have sailed.

PERHAPS eXpectopatronum IS TRYING TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS BUT DID NOT REALIZE THE BOARD DOES NOT ALLOW THAT AND WILL JUST MAKE THE LETTERS LOWER CASE INSTEAD.

REGARDLESS, FOR THOSE CONCERNED HERE IS YOUR QUOTA OF CAPITAL LETTERS FOR THIS THREAD. LET ME KNOW IF I’VE MISSED ANY.

wow, clever. i’m impressed. please continue to post witty remarks. i’ll be right over here on the edge of my seat.

I just love the expression “Reality Distortion Field”. :cool:

We should keep using it. I can think of another poster we could apply it to, namely Commissar

How about we get back to making fun of Susanann, yes? The stupidity she is currently showing in this thread about Detroit is massive. She doesn’t seem to realize that cities in different countries, with different laws, governments, and populations just might behave differently.

Does anyone doubt she’s read the entire Left Behind series?

Susanann: “There are DIFFERENT! countries?!?!”

Well, you know, E.F. Hutton is both my christian-book-author and my geographer. Know what he says?

it’s her attitude about having kids that gets to me. i don’t want kids, and for someone to tell me my life is pointless because of that really grates. admittedly, part of that could be because i have the occasional doubt that i’m missing something. most of the time, i’m comfortable with that decision.

i look to my aunt as a role model- she never had her own children. she’s now 70, doesn’t look a day past 50, retired, financially comfortable, travels constantly, and is perfectly happy. but in susanann’s distorted world, her life(and mine) is a waste because we haven’t reproduced. nice indeed.

The moment I thought she was nutty was when she said she thought it was weird for people to listen to music not from their generation. Even though she thought the music from her generation was great it skeeved her to think of younger people enjoying it. It just seemed the antithesis of intellectual curiosity. I honestly have no idea why someone with that attitude would find interesting about a board like this. No clue.

And Detroit would be a better place if only it wasn’t such a bad place. Or something:

Holy crap, I was sure you made that up. That is weapons grade stupid.

Why is it so stupid? It’s totally true! The Detroit city government must be really dumb, not being able to figure out that having good schools, low crime rate, and reasonable taxes are helpful for running a city.

I can’t believe I went to the trouble of getting a masters degree in public policy when the answers to policy problems are that simple. Thanks for showing us the error of our ways, Susanann.

Well, to be fair, nobody was mentioning the fact that nobody would live in Detroit if they could live somewhere else, no matter how damned good the schools are. Do you people not realize there are places it doesn’t snow? And when it does you get to stay home?

???

Say whut?

Personally, I’d rather live in a snowy place than a state that flies a racist flag on its state capitol.

YMMV.

Ooh, zing.

But seriously the whole confederate flag thing is getting old, south.

sometimes i don’t capitalize and leave off punctuation because i can’t be bothered