Really terrible bands that I hate.

Blink-182-Sugar-Ray-Matchbox-20-Stroke-9-Lit alternateen bullshit bands. They’re interchangeable.

No, he’s talking about a band called Canned Heat from the ‘60’s…They sang "Goin’ up the Country" and seriously, the dude cannot sing. He sounds like Tiny Tim with a hot poker up his ass.

Does anyone remember that comedian who asked “What would the Doors have been like if Jim Morrison’s parents were clowns?”:

He took a pair of big floppy shoes from the ancient gallery…and he FLOPPED ON DOWN THE HALL! :smiley:

“Mrs. Krabappel, are you trying to seduce me?”

The bands that I always thought and still think just blow donkey dicks are those pop-metal bands that were big in the early '80s when I was in high school.

To wit:

Journey
Foreigner
REO Speedwagon
Kansas
Styx
Rush (sorry, Coldfire, I hate 'em)
Triumph

and several other loser regional bands like Survivor, Night Ranger, Shooting Star, Mr. Mister, and a few others that I hope you have never heard of for your sake.

I hate the Stones!!! They haven’t had a good song since the sixties.

Never heard of Shooting Star, but the other three bands had national hits.

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger (These guys are actually still around. They’re playing a fair in Baton Rouge this weekend. Sad, eh?)

Night Ranger - Sister Christian and another song I can’t think of.

Mr Mister - Kyrie, a couple other songs I can’t think of.

Man, I really hate those JerkWaterJive dudes…especially that stupid sax player guy! I mean, they have some horn players, so they have to call themselves ska! C’mon! They’re just a bunch of FREAKS! :smiley:

P.S. - please buy a CD…

Roots&Radicals,
-ldiot8oy
JerkWaterJive
…Ska and Punk never tasted so good together!

“You wanna know what I think about assholes and opinions?..I don’t wanna hear your’s!” - some comedian we saw when I met Satan

I personally kind of like Hanson, Backstreet Boys, etc. even though they aren’t technically musicians. I don’t know what they’re like in “real” life but I think they’re suitable for young girls to watch and listen to (I own a young girl, so I know). I was just thrilled to the core when I read a statement from Limp Bizkit , or Korn, or some such expressing dismay and puzzlement over the success of “boy bands”. Because nice normal young people need something to fantasize over and enjoy, and that ain’t you, you crack-smoking, drunken, vomiting, moshpitdiving, suicidal, ugly, stinking assholes. The sooner that ilk, and 99% of rap “artists” self-destruct and disappear, the happier I personally will be.

I Can’t stand:

Hootie and the Blowfish
BareNakedLadies
The Wallflowers

Those are amongst the recent bands that I really hate that come to mind.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@kozmo.com

“Sherlock Holmes once said that once you have eliminated the
impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be
the answer. I, however, do not like to eliminate the impossible.
The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it that the merely improbable lacks.”
– Douglas Adams’s Dirk Gently, Holistic Detective

You are SOOO RIGHT dude! Jerkoff Jazz is what they should call themselves. They suck kenny g ass! :wink:
The ultimate purveyors of Techno-Powerpop, AF are the saviors of modern music. Their new album ** SONGS TO iNSPIRE THE NEUROCULTURE REVOLUTiON ** and the upcoming EP ** Glassgow Garage ** RULE! You will see what I mean in May! :smiley:

PS: Please buy our CD…

Where’s my side of FUN!?

Kisses!
Ophy

This is a mite off-topic, but did anyone else ever think the chorus of Mr. Mister’s “Kyrie” went “Carrying a laser on the road that I must travel/ Carrying a laser on the highway in the night…”

Heck is where you go when you don’t believe in Gosh.

NTG:

Do you mean to imply that’s not what the lyrics are? What the hell are the lyrics then?

:wink:

Wow. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who’s hated them. Normally I’d argue, but I’m feelin’ mellow. Oh well. To each her own…

KarmaComa:

Not in the mood to scream and bitch about bands I usually scream and bitch about.

I just wanted to take a moment and agree with KarmaComa. Tricky is the granddaddy of triphop.

~200 posts. Time to change my username.

You obviously haven’t met my sister, who screwed these lyrics up even more! Sure, she’s Dutch and she’s blonde, but still:

"Gimme a laser gun to kill my helpless mother"

What the HELL was she thinking??

Coldfire
Voted Poster Most Likely To Post Drunk

WallyM7 on Coldfire:
"Yeah, he knows a little about everything because they have a good prison library."

Well, I never thought I’d do this, but I have to come to the defense of ‘Hanson’ (no relation).

They really shouldn’t be listed with the other kiddie groups that don’t write or play their own music. Hanson’s the real deal. You don’t have to like their material, but those kids wrote it themselves and play all their own instruments. Considering their ages, they do a pretty damned good job of it.
They are more akin to Jonny Lang and Kenny Wayne Sheppard, although the latter two are great musicians, whereas the kids in Hanson are merely adequate.

I hate Jethro Tull. Pretentious art-rock. And Conquistador is NOT prononced “Con-kwist-ador”.

I hate the big-hair rock bands of the 80’s (Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister, etc). There are a few exceptions. Aerosmith and Metallica have talent, and Guns N’ Roses had phenomenal talent. But most of those bands were just drugged-out idiots who used volume and distortion to make up for a lack of talent.

While I respect them for their time and place, Led Zepplin is the most overrated band of all time. I really get bored of listening to anything except maybe Battle of Evermoore. Pink Floyd were far more creative and talented, IMNSHO.

I detest Limp Bizcut, Kid Rock, and any other rap fusion bullshit that manages to get played on the few remaining good radio stations around here.

Country is the new Pop. Too insignifigant to hate… doesn’t stop me though.

I hate any band who’s name is a mispelling of another word (With the exception of Korn, who I hated at first till I heard them play bagpipes on an album). This includes Led Zepplin. Def Leppard gets off with a warning in respect for putting out Hysteria, which provided the soundtrack for a year of my life. But it goes double for Ginuwine and Bone Thugggzz n Harmonics and that school of rap (that has to be an oxymoron of some kind).

Anyone who released a cover as their first single gets a spanking and can hang suspended over a fire pit until I make sure no one I like is in the crowd. Don’t think so though…

AC/DC had 2 good songs. Big Balls and that other one. And all of their songs sound like that other one. Except for big balls which is pretty cool. And thunderstruck which is what all the other songs sound like. They’re somewhere near Led Zep on the overrated list though.

Dave Matthews, Beck, Barenakedladies, Violent Femmes, and some other groups that I can’t think of right now need to be forced to fight a giant deathmatch, the winner of which gets sentenced to live in Bend, OR, for the rest of their miserable existance.

Steely Dan must die because I have to hate something my dad likes, and I already stole all his Floyd and Sabbath.

I hate Radiohead and Stabbing Westward because I used to love listening to them, but when I saw them in concert they didn’t sound any different than the albums and just did their thing and left without a word to the audience. Fuck us, huh? Well, fuck your next album you self pitying heroin junkies.

Oh, and any band that has a song which has the word “Featuring” in the credits.

http://www.madpoet.com
“I never meant to hurt you,” you said,
And buried yourself in lies instead.
Next time I would rather be slain,
Than forced to bear your mercy again.