Riding the tide - sex during menstruation

I’m all for sex while my friend is visiting. Err… Ummm… That didn’t sound quite right.

Anyways…

The only problem that I’ve found is that the flow usually becomes sorta erradic (sp?) after a rather vigorous session of hide the salami. I usually last 5 days exactly, but I might spot for a few days, bleed kinda heavy for a few more, or it might stop altogether. Then the next time I’m on my friend (hehe) it might come early, late, or I might skip a month altogether.

Pain in the ass, sure, but jeepers is it worth it.

I’ve taken a flight on the Red Eye many a time…

The girlfriend I had earlier this year had no reservations about doing it… we’d be going along, she’d pull the tampon out, we’d put a towel down, and do the business. After the first day there was hardly any mess anyway.
And MrO is right about doing down under. But do make sure she cleans up a little bit down there beforehand, still. Not all that stuff stays on the inside.

I’ve had a couple boyfriends go for the red badge of courage.

Probably TMI, but, chunky days I don’t like so much, but the rest of the time the extra lubrication is pretty nifty.

I’m not from Detroit, but I’ve got my redwings. :smiley:

Like just about everyone that has commented on it, I have no problem with sex while Aunt Flo is in town, but the woman often will. It’s a rare woman I’ve been with that doesn’t have issue with it…makes me wonder if it stems from past b/fs that were grossed out or something.

I’ve had two boyfriends that wouldn’t go anywhere near me when I menstruated, as if I were radioactive. Talk about unsettling.

My last boyfriend was one of the two mentioned above. When I brought up the idea of at least trying it once, with a condom and on a light day, he looked at me with such disgust on his face that I have decided I will not date another guy who won’t even try it. Having such infantile reactions to menstrual blood is rediculous.

I too have had boyfriends who either have no problem with the idea or are totally disgusted with it.

I myself find that during that time of the month I am much friskier than normal.

My last boyfriend had no problem with throwing on a condom and then doin the deed. Why did I ever let him go?!?!?

I earned the redwings too, but I’m not very enthusiastic about having to requalify. Don’t get me wrong – I’ll do it (assuming I have a partner, of course) if either of us are horny enough, but I don’t love the experience.

It’s not even the blood and mess, really. It’s the physical sensation. The vagina feels different to me: colder and more astringent, if I had to describe it from memory.
Star Light Star Bright wrote:

Well, that’s always an alternative during the menstrual period, I suppose … :wink:

I’ve never had my period stop a boyfriend and I from having sex. The last few years, I’ve become more reluctant because my cramps have become worse, but my SO is still up for it if I want it.

If sex isn’t messy, you’re not doing it right. :smiley:

My girlfriend and I have and enjoy oral sex during periods. In fact, it tends to make things more sensitive.

“If it doesn’t get all over the place, it doesn’t belong in your face”.

:smiley:

Bah. I won’t (and haven’t) let a little blood stop me.

My first fuck and I were very horny people… and a couple weeks after we first got going at it she had her period… we did wait a few days or however long but then she was “pretty sure” it was over and we were horny enough to go at it again… It was normal and everything but after I noticed a bunch of blood on the condom and some on my skin too… was pretty fuckin gross if i say so myself and won’t do that again

My ex and I used have vaginal and oral sex during my menstrual period. It was good. It did feel kind ofsporitual for both of us, as a previous poster has said… However, having one’s tampon removed by somenoe else just feels odd.

If the lady is willing, a little thing like menstruation certainly isn’t going to stop me!

Damn. Now I have to ask you to marry me because of this little tidbit. My father actually told me this once. “Kev, make sure you marry a woman who swallows.”

And I have no problems Rafting the Red River. Done so a few times in my life, and enjoyed it every single time.

In the interest of accuracy, I feel compelled to mention that having sex with a woman during her period is absolutely no guarantee that she won’t get pregnant. There’s less likelihood; it’s not completely gone.

Therefore…if you use sex during the period as a method of birth control…well, a star doesn’t have to rise in the East, is all I’m saying.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. It’s so nice to be backed up…wait, that didn’t come out right…wait, neither did that…forget it.

Of course, when I showed the thread to my boyfriend, he said that it proves only that people who agree with me are more inclined to post than dissenters. So - maybe a different way to pose the question: Women, did you ever have a partner who refused to have sex while you were menstruating? How many did/didn’t?

Partner who refused?

No.

But I have a pretty limited sample. And all of them are smart enough not to mess with me and my hormone induced wrath.

Superdude, I am always amazed what ‘compliments’ will make me blush. I’ll take that as one of them.

:cool:

[Cartman]
Kickass
[/Cartman]

Now, I COULD be a complete pig and make some sort of innuendo about the OhioDope in October. But I won’t. A guy’s got to have SOME secrets. :rolleyes: