RIP Jan Hooks

After last night’s tribute on the show, the SNL website now has the tribute video up (the original sketch preceded by Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader’s intro). You do have to scroll down and really look for it, though.

At least one article I saw references Hartman and Hooks “singing beautifully” in the Love is a Dream video. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that was other people’s voices and that it was lip-synched. Not sure on the woman’s voice, but the man’s voice sounded like Bing Crosby to me.

My fave sketch with her is “Big Bitch Bulldyke Bust-Out of 1989” with Jan as Tammy Faye Bakker. She busts Jim Bakker (host Rick Moranis) out of prison, but Leona Helmsley (Nora Dunn) and Zsa Zsa Gabor (Victoria Jackson) come along for the ride. They go off on a crime spree across the country. I could not stop laughing the first time I saw this.

RIP.

Indeed. The song is “The Emperor’s Waltz” from the movie of the same name and the voices are Bing Crosby and whoever probably dubbed for Joan Fontaine.

I knew of all places in the world, that the SDMB would be the one place I could ask this question and have an answer by the end of the day. Bravo kunilou.

And the most unlikely answer you can give to the question “name a Billy Widler movie.”

I also enjoyed her Tales of Ribaldry with her, Jon Lovitz, Victoria Jackson, and Tom Hanks.