Rock songs with chants in them

I’m trying to compose a list of rock songs that have chants in them. Basically, when a line is repeated over and over consecutively. Please list the song, group and chant. Here’s 3 to start…

The Smiths- That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore “I’ve seen this happen in other people’s lives and now it’s happening in mine.”

The Stone Roses- Love Spreads “Let me put you in the picture, let me show you what I mean, the messiah is my sister, ain’t no king man, shes my queen.”

The Killers- All These Things That I’ve Done “I got soul but I’m not a soldier.”

The Beatles Hey Jude “La la-la la-la-la-la la-la-la-la Hey Jude”

KLF- Doctorin’ the Tardis
The Rising Sound- Get in the Game

That’s “Na na-na na-na-na-na na-na-na-na” :wink:

Queen - We Will Rock You, Another One Bites the Dust.

Not really a rock song, but the venerable “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” has a wonderful chant of “wimoweh” throughout.

[Country Joe and the Fish] Gimme an F…[/Country Joe]

Kubb - Chemical ends with this glorious gospel-style chant to to finish a dreamy drug-haze love affirmation soundscape. Hard to classify, but it sends shivers down my spine. I really, really wish I could make soundscapes like that.

Si (listening to it right now instead of going to bed)

“Lovin’, Touchin’, Squeezin’” by Journey does this, too.

“Message in a Bottle” by the Police has “Sending out an S.O.S.” repeated ad infinitum at the end.

Oh Mickey, you’re so fine, you’re so fine it blows my mind; hey Mickey! clap clap, clap clap Hey Mickey! clap clap, clap clap

Okay, so it’s not exactly what we’re looking for, but if I can get it stuck in one Doper’s head, then I’m happy.

“Kiss Him Goodbye” by Steam.

Na na na na, na na na na, he-ey hey, goodbye

“Land of 1000 Dances” by Cannibal and the Headhunters.

I said, na-aaah, na na na na-aaah, na na na na-aaah na na na na na na-aaah, na na na na-aaah

“Hooked On A Feeling” by Blue Swede

A-ooga, ooga, ooga-chuck-a. Ooga, ooga, ooga-chuck-a

The end of “I Am the Walrus.”
“Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. II”

Thousands of live cuts in which the crowd sings along while the singer holds his mic out to them.

Sorry to be, uh, pedantic, but it’s Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na:smiley:

A bunch of songs by Enigma have chants. Just can’t recall titles right now.

Not sure if it qualifies as rock, either. Probably not, eh?

Radio Birdman’s New Race and its infamous ‘Yeah Hup!’ chant.
A bunch of Ramones songs have what you’d call chants, but you might as well start with track one, side one, record one, ‘Hey Ho Let’s Go’ from Blitzkrieg Bop
And if we’re going for real chants, the ‘Om Shri’ chant on the Stooges’ We Will Fall is enough to have you joining the narrator, falling asleep.

Fleetwood Mac, “Tusk” (“Just tell me that you love me”)

Every song by Sham 69.

We will
We will
Rock you

(Queen)

Radiohead’s “There There” (“I will eat you all alive”) and “Sit Down. Stand Up.” (“the raindrops”).

Nazareth’s “Hair of the Dog” (“now you’re messing with a son of a biiiitch”).

Cold War Kids’ “St. John” (“tell my sister Jane”).

The Smiths - “Panic”:

“Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ…”

And I’m not sure if it counts as “rock”, but Nitzer Ebb’s “Join in the chant”. The lyrics are all chanting, including:

“Gold … Gold … Gold … Gold … Church … Church … Church … Church … Guns … Guns … Guns … Guns … FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!”

And if Nitzer Ebb counts, how about And One’s “Panzermensch”?

“Computer (hey!) Maschine (hey!) Panzermensch! Geh g’radeaus - geh g’radeaus
Computer (hey!) Maschine (hey!) Panzermensch! Geh g’radeaus - lass es raus!
Seid bereit - immer bereit!
Seid bereit - immer bereit!”

A longer one, but I think it qualifies:

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, “I love Rock ‘n’ Roll”

I love Rock ‘n’ Roll/put another dime in the jukebox baby/I love Rock ‘n’ Roll/so come on and take your time and dance with me (repeat)