Rules for Strip Poker

I know everyone loves strip poker, but how exactly do you play? I don’t think Hoyle has any published rules.
If you play by normal poker rules (with antes, betting and raising) everyone could end up naked in the first hand, which, although it gets right to the point, defeats the purpose of making it an actual game.
I mean, how many items of clothing would you wear? What items count as clothing (a hairclip? a watch? a pair of socks?.. one sock?)?
And how do you bet? With only about ten items of clothing being worn comfortably I would imagine someone could be out of the game (and out of their clothes) in as little as two hands, which seems unfair (and a little chilly).

Well, I haven’t any experience with strip poker, but in strip hangman, there’s only five official articles of clothing: Footware, upper outerware (shirt or blouse), lower outerware (pants, shorts, or skirt), upper underwear (undershirt or bra), and lower underwear (boxers, briefs, or panties). Clothing is only doffed with the conclusion of a puzzle, not with each body part on the gallows.

By the way, your username is very creative, but it’s long enough to be a bit inconvenient. You might want to e-mail TubaDiva to see about getting it changed.

Well, since the games I’ve always been in are spontaneous, what you’re currently wearing serves as your bankroll.

You do need poker chips though, not just clothes.

First, give everyone the same amount of chips. We would use $100 in chips with a $1 ante and either $5 or $10 betting rounds (or no-limit if we were especially drunk). A bet and three raises is the max, unless you’re heads up. This will assure people get nekkid pretty fast, but not too fast. If you need detail on the particulars of betting structures and what-not, you can check Dan’s Poker Page for more poker info than you can shake your wiggie at.

Here’s how the clothes come off. When you need more money, you cash in your clothes for chips. You gotta do it proportionally so that it’s fair. Let me see if I remember the values right. It’s been a long time since college…

Jewelry: $5 each item
Shoes: $20 for both
Socks: $20 for both
Shirt: $100
Pants/Skirt: $100
Underwear: $200 (or $100)

Now, you gotta be careful with the women on the underwear issue. If they’re wearing a skirt, they can take off their panties without taking their skirts off. Or they can do that bizarre thing where they remove their bra without taking off the shirt (I still haven’t figured out how this is done). Once this started happening, we had to devalue the underwear.

Here’s the most important rule. You cannot buy your clothes back. Sometimes you’ll win a huge pot and want to change chips back for clothes. This is a big no-no.

In any case, that’s about it. Most everyone would be in their skivvies within an hour at most. I may be remembering incorrectly some of the chip values or betting limits, but you can tweak that to your heart’s desire.

Have fun!

Here are the rules my fiancee and I use:

1. Decide to play
  2. go to the closet and put on everything that you can (she’s much smaller then me, so she always gets the advantage… it’s my closet!!)
  3. Deal the cards (we play 5 card stud, usually with 2 wild cards)
  4. No betting, etc… who has time for that??
  5. Loser takes off an article of clothing!! WHEE!!!
  6. Loser of the game (IE: first one naked) prepares for the next phase… I’ll leave this to your imagination, but for the sake of my ego, imagine it taking hours!

Fiancee is Korean, and doesn’t know poker well, so I cheat!!

“no, no, no, honey! You see, I have three kings… so that beats four tens!!”

Someday, I’ll pay for this! But it’s worth it!!! [penthouse letter moment] A few years ago (true story), drunk and having fun, fiancee and I convinced 2 of her friends (female, Korean, and HOT to play strip poker with us… ended with me still in underwear and socks, and all three girls in assorted panties and bras (those without bras had strategically-held pillows, voted legal by a 3 to 4 margin! Damn!) Game ended with the next hand, when Jung- Hye was (BY THE RULES!!! AM I WRONG?) required to remove her panties… didn’t happen… :mad:[/penthouse letter moment]

[sub]sorry guys! I did my best!!![/sub]