Sappy love songs you hate to admit you like

Anything by Savage Garden.

“When I’m With You” by Sherriff
“To Be With You” by Mr. Big
“Save the Best For Last” by Vanessa Williams

Oh! and this is so embarrassing, but I always MELT when I hear “Crazy For You” by Madonna

What? No Michael Bolton yet??

“How Am I Supposed To Live Without You” - MB

Cab Driver: The Mills Brothers.

I always felt like the guy in the back seat of the cab. :smiley:

Q

PS: Shut up, Mr. Blue Sky! :D:D:D:D

“Close to You”: The Carpenters. [sub]the shame! the shame![/sub]

Maybe I’m Amazed isn’t too bad for Paul McCartney.

I ADORE bad cheesy love songs. I think it comes from being force-fed Phil Spector as a kid - now I fall for anything that sounds like Phil Spector with the Phil Spector taken out (if that makes sense)/ Hence I have a whole raft of REALLY bad songs that I love, the pinnicle of the nidir being “Lucky Stars” by Don Freidman. I didn’t know this was horribly uncool until about 2 years ago, and I have now hid the single in my cupboard, instead of displaying it with the Pulp and Mogwai.

And Marley23, Mayeb Im Amazed is fantastic! How that can be considered a BAD love song is beyopnd me - I think it’s one of the finist songs written in the lat 20 years, Beatle or no Beatle.

I didn’t say it was bad, the name of the category is “sappy,” which it is. It’s a very nice song. And hey, it’s coming from a guy who named an album Silly Love Songs.

Excuse me? Kiss And Say Goodbye by the Manhattens is NOT a sappy love song, dammit.

Sappy is falling IN love, not falling out of love or breaking up.

Hello by Lionel Richie is sappy.

Loving You by Minnie Ripperton is sappy.

I’ll Make Love To You Boys II Men is sappy.

Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney singing The Girl Is Mine is sa… oh, God. No. Sappy’s not the word for that. Especially that ad-lib at the end where Michael tries to squeeze some testosterone from his manhood and pipes up, “I told you Paul --I’m a lover not a fighter!”

It has been years, but After All by Al Jarreau, still takes me back to a bittersweet moment of love. :cry smiley:

The first time ever I saw your face…

I know, it doesn’t count because it’s a classic (and way before the '90’s)

OK, I’ll try again:
Working on those Night Moves,
Tryin’ to make some front page drive-in news
Workin’ on our night moves
In the summertime
In the sweet summertime

I should loathe that “Breakfast At Tiffany’s” song by Deep Blue Something, but I always get wistful when ever it comes on the radio. A girl I was sweet on in college liked that song a lot, but she was dating a friend of mine at the time. They broke up but by the time I found out that she liked me too, I was in no position to do anything about it. So it reminds me of her.

As for “Baby Come Back” by Player. I usually call that “the most whipped song I think I’ve ever heard”. It makes me laugh. Yes, I am jaded as a matter of fact.

I admit without shame that I loved (almost) every bit of crap that came out of the 70s and 80s, but this makes me blush…I think the name is Two Become One by the Spice Girls!

I’ll admit I like some of the love songs by Chicago, like If You Leave Me Now, Look Away and You’re The Inspiration.

OK, kill me now but: Total Eclipse of the Heart.

I Ain’t Missin’ You at All, originally I believe by Bryan Adams, later remade, and quite well if you ask me, by Tina Turner.

I think Ain’t Missing You was John Waite.

Speaking of Bryan Adams, either “Everything I Do (I Do It for You)” or “Heaven”. Both drippy and wonderful.

I’m a big Dan Fogelberg fan, and I own The Very Best of Bread. And I am not ashamed.

Does, uh, “Cool Night” and " '65 Love Affair" by Paul Davis count?

I’m not, um, that ashame–

::d&R, whimpers::

I’d also like to list “Same Auld Lang Syne” by Dan Fogelberg. The situation described in the song sounds like something many of us have experienced at one time or another.

I also like “Babe” by Styx.

“Somewhere” and “The Way We Were” by Barbara Streisand.

The Phil Collins version of “Groovy Kind of Love.” I’ll also admit to liking “Hold On My Heart” and “Separate Lives”, the latter being a duet (can’t recall the name of the other singer).

“Truly” by Lionel Richie.

“Make It With You” by Bread.

The America version of “Muskrat Love.”

This list comes from a guy whose usual genre is hard rock. I just have to be in the right mood to listen to these, I guess.