Satan lets his minions down...

Folks:

A couple of unforeseen things have happened which I feel the need to tell you about:

1. My “getting the car ready for the trip” check-up is costing me almost $700 - about three times as much as I expected. Replacing the timing belt and serpentine belts - as well as a whole set of new tires - caused the minor check-up to turn into some major maintenance, lest I wind up in Montana with a blown engine.

2. My credit card company that TOLD ME I was gonna get a credit increase is now demurring. I’ll be complaining to them about this, and I think it is simply an oversight, but who knows when it will get in place?

3. Things at the office lead me to believe my job security is in grave jeopardy. This is not anything I am responsible for, I must add, but the nature of the music biz, and it effects everyone I work with as well as myself. And certainly, if what I fear does come to pass, a thousand dollars + more of debt will not be good to deal with.

Adding these things up and I come to a grave conclusion… I cannot afford to do this.

I am really sorry to all of you who were nice enough to offer your homes and local sites with me. I know I was going to have a blast, and I vow that someday before I die, I WILL DO THIS somehow.

Unfortunately, as it has finally gotten into my thick skull, this is not the time I can.

I hope nobody is mad at me… I feel sick about this, I really do. I wouldn’t have planned all of this if I didn’t think I could go.

I hope I’m not destroying any concrete plans you might have had, and I hope this is sufficient notice to cancel if I am.

Again, I’m really sorry about this… :frowning:

Yer pal,
Satan

Damn Satan…now what are those of us in Assboink gonna do for fun?

Seriously…sorry about that…I know it would have been a blast.

Gee, Brian, you could have at least waited until I’d cleaned up the place to tell us < wink >!

Really, sorry you won’t be here in December, but it sounds like you’re probably making a smart call.

Happy Holidays, pal!

We aren’t mad at you, we only share in your disappointment… Sorry it didn’t work out for you.

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

Sorry it turned out this way man! I was looking forward to having christmas with satan!

Anyway, You are welcome at my place anytime… just tell me when.

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

Well that’s a bummer, and I’m sorry to hear it; but ya gotta take care of business first. Look at it this way, you’ve got a great goal now for the future.

Keep all your planning material and maybe when the weather and job situation improve you’ll be able to use it anyway.

:slight_smile:

“Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I’m worried about the difference between wrong and fun.”
~P.J. O’Rourke~

Cheer up Satan. It’s almost the weekend…

“Bodie, I noticed you stopped stuttering.”
“I’ve been giving myself shock treatments.”
“Up the voltage.”
-Real Genius

Well, you must be very disappointed. But you’ll get to do it sometime.

Look at the bright side, all the money you saved! Take that amount, invest it somewhere, and use it for when you really can go on your vacation.

Quand les talons claquent, l’esprit se vide.
Maréchal Lyautey

Many descriptive terms come to mind as you mull over the Lord of the Underworld: evil, nasty, cruel, deceitful. But, “dick-tease”?

Seriously, Bri, sorry. Get the house in order and try again in the spring.

As an aside, if Norfolk doesn’t get ya, I’m kinda glad noone else does.

Wait till you’ve just turned 40 and are in the throes of a midlife crisis . . . PERFECT time for a road trip.

Satan - sorry to hear about your troubles. Hey, next time it’ll work out man, sometimes things happen like that. Lame, I know. Sorry.

Thinking 'bout you and sending you a hug…

“If there’s anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.”

Sorry to hear it, Brian…I know you were looking forward to it. Hope everything works out for you. ::hugs::

“There is no worse lie than a truth misunderstood by those who hear it.” - William James

OK…FINE.

If Satan isn’t going to come to ME… I’ll go to HIM!!

It so happens that phase one of my move to CT involves travel from GA, THROUGH NC and up I95. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Who knows… maybe we can wreak havoc in the corporate music business!! <efg>

Mom always said there’d be days like this…she just never said there’d be so MANY of them!!!

Hmph. Well, darn it! I’m awfully sorry about that, Brian. I was really looking forward to having you stay at my place.

Well, consider it an extended invitation. When you’re in town, you’re welcome to drop in and kick back.

Will work for sig line.

Next year’s topic:

Satan - The Second Coming

The music business is going through a bad cycle? Probably due to rap. Hmmm. Rap lyrics are unspeakably vile and evil. Now, who would write such horrible lyrics? Could it be…Satan!

Rats. This has not been a good year for you, Brian. Hope 2000 will be a lot better.

Sorry to hear that, Satan. Guess I’ll be the only one who gets to see Tessa’s tattoos. :slight_smile:

Perhaps a shorter trip is in order, the Atlanta Doper get-together on 12/28 maybe?

So we’re any backup provisions made, the appointment of a vice-Satan as it were, to take Brian’s place in case he is unable to perform his duties?

And you think he’s disappointed? I was planning to loot his apartment in his absence, strip it to the bare walls, and sell all his worldly possessions on Ebay. (For his own good, mind you, to help him get a “fresh start”.)

[sarcasm] I should have KNOWN I wasn’t really going to get a night out away from my wife. Thanks a LOT, Brian.

Blast. I was going to introduce you to Soul Tsunami, a Dallas band that could have made your career. Mmmmrrrpphhhhh.[/sarcasm]

Live a Lush Life
Da Chef