SDMBisms that irk me for some reason.

when come back bring pie for twenty minutes at teh bottom of Marianas Trench in 1961 but 1920s style “death ray” my cat’s breath smells like cat fud k tks bai

This isn’t just an SDMB thing, but I see it here all the time.

The use of the words Interwebs, Intarwebs, Intartubes, Innerweb or any other stupid-assed cutesy variation, instead of just saying the Internet. People apparently have no concept or idea of how stupid and childish it makes them sound. It’s not cute, it’s not funny, it’s not hip, it’s not ironic, it’s not anything except for just plain stupid! And embarrassing. Using it is the online equivalent of getting drunk at a party, wearing the lampshade on your head, laughing when there’s nothing funny, talking about inappropriate subjects, singing loud and offkey to a song everyone hates, peeing your pants and not noticing, then stumbling drunkenly into the glass-fronted china cabinet, breaking the glass and causing a mess and ruining the party. Ok, maybe it’s not quite so bad, but it’s bad. Once you use a cutesy word for the Internet, some people will never see you as anything but an ignorant buffoon from that point on.

Before I knew what that meant, I always read it as “Quit fucking trolling.” It still seems to work surprisingly often.

That’s not what it means?? That’s what I read it as too.

Meh. I do *actually *say it. Usually accompanied by a shrug of the shoulders and/or slight tilt of the head. I’ll add that I enjoy reading certain phrases and imagining how the poster would be saying it if we were sitting at a bar having the discussion verbally. Doing so breathes a bit of life into text-based conversation. Some posters say things in such a funny way, I’ll repeat it out loud just to hear it, so I can laugh even harder.

Does that make me weird?

Haha, it’s the exact opposite: Quote(d) for Truth!

Valete,
Vox Imperatoris

Quoted for truth. Well, not this time, but you know what I mean.

ETA: Darn you, Vox!

I think it’s originally from the Simpsons. And yet, it’s so obvious, it’s hard for me to believe it could possibly have been invented by a TV show. Anyway, I really do say it in real life. It’s just a word! Like, you know, “doh” or “cromulent”.

Wow, thanks you two, I had no idea!

I will. I hate when posters sign their posts. There’s really no reason for it. Your name is right there, at the top of your post.
There are a couple of people who do it regularly, and while it doesn’t cause me to think less of them, it still irks me.

Back in my lurker days I remember there was poster who signed each and every post:

That was particularly irksome.

Period. Period.

And signing off in Latin looks, imho, rather pretentious. But maybe that’s the idea.

What, you don’t remember the goat-felching thing?

The worship of bacon/bacon salt/bacon flavors in general bugs me. It isn’t just that people can mention bacon, and how they like bacon… it’s that any mention of bacon must be accompanied by an over the top love for bacon.

bacon bacon bacon

Oh my God, you know what would be better than bacon? Bacon-wrapped bacon!

It’s about as lame as the weird “chocoholic” fad of the 1980’s.

MonkeyMule, I believe.

But weirder.

Echoing a few others, I also say “meh” in real life.

Those are my top three as well. The third actually makes me angry whenever I read it. It’s just so cutesy-wootsy-schmootsy that it makes me wish I were felching a goat instead of reading it. I’d rather see “your right” or even “me2”, followed by some cogent discussion, than “this”.

I was once a grammar nazi, but psycholinguistics 141 changed my life. I have hope that the other grammar nazis will one day lay down their arms, and come sing “Kumbaya” with me down by the campfire.

“Snarky”. Fucking hate this made-up word.

“That is all.”

Snarky isn’t a new word.