Snow on April First? You must be joking!

No, and stop calling me Sh…wait, nevermind.

Ah. I didn’t move here until 1980, so that would explain why I don’t remember it.

We’ve got a big dump of snow pencilled in for this weekend, too. Blech. I have to go out and re-bury the irises that are trying to start growing.

when I lived in Northern Vermont, I remember a huge snowstorm around Mother’s Day. Early 70’s.

Last year we got more snow here (NE Ontario) in one day in May than we did for the entire month of March.

We got about 2 inches and it stayed on the ground all day. Hooray! I love snow. I was just thinking my chances were shot of seeing any more this year, too. I was very happy, to say the least. :slight_smile:

April 1st? The latest I can remember snow here in Schenectady was May 7 (in 1977).

I’ve probably said this before, but Calgary has had snow in every month of the year. This weekend, we’re supposed to get something like 25 cms of snow, and then it will be 10ºC on Monday and melt it all. Why it can’t be 10º during the weekend and we just have rain, I don’t know. I suspect Mother Nature hates us.

Mother Nature hates you, therefore you get snow? Does not compute. That’s like saying “My boyfriend hates me, therefore he gives me chocolate and foot massages.”

Went skiing today. Going skiing tomorrow. Yay snow!

[MotherNature] “Kadaji, I never joke about my work.” [/MotherNature] :smiley:
Big snow flakes drifting lazily to melt on bright green lawns. Leafless trees, their bark soaked dark brown in a cold wet wind. White wool sweatered parents, uniformed, red cheeked and laughing kids running to school to ‘make it before the bell’. March stayed an extra day for me today.
(I’ll miss you until next year too.)

Smart man. He’s learned not to wait til 3 to say ‘Hi, Opal!’. May he discover all the praise that Lindt, Godiva, or Harry&David have to offer. (C’mon. You would have dumped him if he couldn’t give a decent foot massage…)

Terrific. 20cm of snowfall in one day. It was ten yesterday. With wet snow continuing through tomorrow. Which will all promptly melt as soon as it rains one drop.

Anyone who likes the snow may come and get it at cost. We are tired of it, and the flooding that will ensue shortly will not make things any better.

Actually I was being hypothetical. I’m married. To a foot doctor, no less, so he sure should know enough about feet to give a decent massage.

Enjoy. My plans for getting the golf clubs out and practicing are shot. :frowning:

We were expecting 6-14 inches yesterday. All the weather people were saying, “No, it’s not an April Fool’s joke, we’re really getting a big dump!”

What happened? A dusting only. Not even an inch.

“April Fool!”

Actually, I’m glad it came to nothing, as we were traveling yesterday.

Running today, skiing tomorrow.

Yup. My Wife and a friend are snowshoeing behind the house. I dug the grill out and will be cooking burgers on the deck when they get back.

When I can get to the grill, it’s spring. So that’s good news.

It’s not even May. We have a lot of snow to come.

Rockin in the Rockies. 11,200 feet.

Had sun most of the day (April 2), but within two ski runs we had snow, rain, hail and sun.

Damn near 85° in Denver today. It is hot! 2-4" of snow predicted for tomorrow night.

Springtime in the Rockies.

♩"It’s beginning to look a lot like Chirstmas!" ♫ ♪

Gosh, don’t you love this time of year? The big fluffy snow that’s been falling for a day, the hoar frost on the trees when you wake up. It just gives you that warm, expectant feeling - it won’t be long until the jolly old elf shows up himself.

Kids are getting excited, and of course, people in the streets say “Merry Christmas” to each other as they pass, even people they don’t know, just because it’s the season and they’re feeling all Dickens-y.

How many days to Christmas is it exactly?

[Piper checks calendar.]

WTF?

[Piper descends into gloom.]