Snow -- well this should be fun...

Looks like an interesting evening on tap for southern New England. I’m off to get some gas for the snowblower…

Sunday…Snow…Mainly in the morning. Total snow accumulation of 20 to 30 inches. Strong winds with highs around 20. North winds 40 to 50 mph…Decreasing to 30 to 40 mph in the afternoon.

Snowblower, feh. I just went out and purchased by far the most essential items—new sticker books to keep the 2-year-old happy, because being cooped up in the house for too long without diversions is a Very Bad Thing.

Loads of snow up here. Anybody want some? We can share. :slight_smile:

Bring it on!!!

Here’s hoping we get snow measured in yards! (or metres, for you furriners) :smiley:

National Weather Service is predicting 20 to 30 inches with drifting for tonight. The local news channel is predicting less: 12 to 16 inches.

I’m scheduled to work tonight from 1545 to 1145 and that means my shift ends in the teeth of the storm. I’ve already packed a duffle bag with a change of clothes, some food, and my cpap machine if I get stuck there for the night. :sigh:

Southern end of the Maine coast’s only supposed to get six inches or so. Where ya from, Scruloose?

Steep Falls. It’s about 30 miles west of Portland, and we usually get more snow here than right along the coast. The Weather Channel just commented that we (Maine) may get snow all day tomorrow. Which is odd, because normally they don’t acknowledge that anything exists north of Boston.
:dubious:

Yeah, the wife works at an ER in Portland, and she’ll work 3-11PM tonight and tomorrow. Not only will her shift be busy as all get out, her drives to and from work will be pretty interesting.

It’s hit us Canucks, too. At least where I am (Southern Ontario).

Had to walk to work this morning. I’ve been here for half an hour and my legs are still angrily red with frostbite. At least they stopped hurting, though.

In last night’s forecast, we were looking for 3-5" or so. This morning, it’s down to maybe an inch, capped tonight by freezing rain. Oh yeah, there’s a good combination…

It started coming down about an hour ago and the driveway and walk are covered, but the expansion joints in the sidewalk are clearly visible. There’s probably just a quarter inch or so on the ground. We brought up some firewood and kindling, just in case we lose power. I’ve got all the milk, bread, and TP I need, so it’s all good. So far…

Steep Falls - that’s close to Sebago Lake. Greeting from Springfield MA, which is close to…uh…the CT state line, I guess. :smiley:

Our 4" to 10" forecast has been greatly affected by the arrival of unanticipated freezing rain, which will make travel conditions more dangerous but reduce the amount of accumulation.

And it’s going to be cold, cold, cold for the AFC Championship game. Kickoff temperature should be a balmy 14°F with a windchill in the -5 to -10 range.

Same here! It was impossible to walk down Bloor St. today…

Yup - we’re just a stones throw SW of the lake. Hopefully, a little “lake effect” snow will add to our snow totals. It’s looking like tomorrow will be quite the fun day for Maine.

Sweet!

Providence and its environs expect 20 - 30 inches also, with high winds. One of the TV stations refers to it as a possible history maker. And yet, it’s not on a weekday so that we might get a snow day out of it. Nice.

You know - I was thinking the same thing earlier. Seems like every time it’s on the weekend. Nothing waits for weekends and vacations like snow and the flu.

Yesterday here in Minnesota. Not too much snow - 8 or 10 inches. But it took four hours to get home yesterday - normally about 34 minutes. Was at a dead stop for about forty minutes, wondering if I should go pee at the curb.

All the same to me. Ever since the invention of the laptop, I don’t get snow days anymore. Unless power goes out – then I get to play once the battery dies.

It’s just starting to roll up its sleeves now. We’ve had a few gusts of wind and three or four inches of snow so far.

Took me three hours to get home yesterday. It usually takes me about 40 minutes. Stop and go for 3 hours. It was quite interesting.

I’m in Toronto right now, where it has been snowing for the entire fricking day. Good thing my mother went grocery shopping yesterday…