So, what made you smile today?

Oh now that was cool!

If you haven’t googled Betty White today, you really should.

This .

https://scontent.ftpa1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/271724514_2850907221721651_202469105680427377_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=JkrEudSnFvIAX92CAUg&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-1.fna&oh=00_AT9m8FtOq-kofzj7fjY0TFggsHaotAOUEmtRuKKsSdQnGQ&oe=61EAE3F7

A little girl pitbull came over to me at the dog park and melted at my feet. So soft, furry, delighting in the moment!

Sunrise over the Nonotucks, turning my snowy fields pink.

Finding the brand of cat treats that my kitties love in stock. The store has been out of them for months.

Shovelling the driveway for the third time in the day, after dark, with light powdery snow. Every shovelful I tossed went through the Christmas laser lights we still have on, creating rays of sparkling colour as a cloud of loose snowflakes drifted down. A cheerful addition to an otherwise annoying task.

There are not a whole lot of right-turn lanes in our region and I hate blocking traffic behind me that wants to turn right if I’m going straight. I was pulling up to a red light this morning – right lane – and noticed there was no one in the lane to my left nor the left turn lane beyond, so I drifted into the left lane, going straight. Two seconds later, the lady several car lengths behind me pulled up to the light, gave me a nice smile and a little “thank you” wave and made her right turn. Aw, shucks.

That’s great feedback! I’m glad you were able to make that move. I try to do it as often as possible, but sometimes traffic in that lane won’t let me. I also try to give thank you feedback. It makes the world a more pleasant place.

Today, it was my alpha cat, begging for rubs to remove fur. Usually, she just demands, but today, she asked politely.

When we lived in Houston, it was commonplace for people to make right turns in front of cars stopped in the right lane from the left lane and even once I saw someone pull this from the left turn lane (pull up behind me at the stop light, go across the occupied left lane into the left turn lane and hook right.). Needless to say, highly illegal, not to mention dangerous. What are people thinking?

Today, my department played a “Two Truths and a Lie” game on Teams. A guy named Jesse had as one of his truths that he’s a minor character in the Witcher game. He explained he got that gig because his publisher in Poland was the same publisher of the Witcher series there. The publisher asked him if he wanted to be a character in the game, and the rest is history. I asked him what books have your written? He replied “The Sad Tales of the Brothers Grossbart.” I said “Holy shit, I’ve read that book!”

I IM’ed with Bullington after the meeting and told him I couldn’t over that I’m actually on the same team as an author I’ve read! He said the book didn’t sell that well, so that’s why he’s working at our company. I told him it was one of the sickest books I’ve ever read, and I wish the horror genre wasn’t choked with zombies and vampires. When the quarantine finally lifts, we’re going to buy each other drinks.

That is way cool, @Knowed_Out.

My cats made me smile today, but they often do. I’m lucky.

My sister sent me a picture of her 2 yo granddaughter (my great-niece) relaxing in a mini recliner with the footrest all the way up. To make it cuter, she was wearing slippers. :slightly_smiling_face:

Someone told me there are only six more Mondays till spring!

Hah! I got some pictures of my 2 y.o. granddaughter yesterday!! My daughter is reveling in her role as aunt. She flew down to Florida to visit her brother and his daughter.

I haven’t met my granddaughter in person yet, but my daughter has visited her eight times.

It’s Friday!

No, even better, it’s Saturday!

Girl Scout cookies!

Reading my local NextDoor …

post #1 “My dog has gone missing! Large white dog with black patches, his name is Forest. I’m worried about the snow storm coming in tomorrow.”

post #2 “Does anyone know who this dog belongs to? Big white and black dog? He’s on my porch.”
response: "Have you seen (post #1?)
second response (a few miles away): “That dog was in our yard! Nice dog, he played with our dog.”
third response (even farther): I gave that dog a cookie!

Late afternoon response from poster #1: “Well, I guess Forest had a good day out. He’s home now.”

The previous post (I love “Doggy’s Day Out” -type stories).