So........

How y’all doin’?

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

So…what?

An obvious shameless ploy to increase post count as part of an effort to become more popular. Pbbbbt!

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

My husband took our two-year-old daughter out this afternoon to go visit his son, and they won’t be back until early this evening. So it’s just me & the baby. The baby is sleeping, so it’s nice & quiet. Having a good afternoon, if I do say so myself. Thanks for asking!

I am in such a GREAT mood right now. I got so lucky this morning. I was coming to work after working out at Ballys, and I went over this hill, and when I get to the bottom of the hill I pass a speed trap. I looked down and saw I was going 50, and then saw that the speed limit was 30. Needless to say, the cop pulled me over. I was so pissed, thinking about how I’d have to go to traffic school or pay 100 dollars.

Anyway, I get my license and insurance ready, and the cop starts walking toward my car. Then he turns around and gets back in his car. He pulls up beside me, rolls down his window, and says “You just got a break, I just got a call” and he takes off. I couldn’t believe it. Oh well, finally something goes right for me :slight_smile:

“My guitar is my first wife. It doesn’t scream at me. It screams for me.” SRV

Not too bad. Idling away the last few hours before I head to the River. It’s dinner and beers at Skeeter’s for Flypsyde tonight! If anyone’s down in St. Louis, come on down and join my two best friends and me for a bar crawl through Laclede’s Landing!

And the problem with small furry animals
in corners is that, just occasionally,
one of them’s a mongoose.
Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

Well, last night sucked the big hairy-lice-riddled-leaper-weenie. But TODAY is looking better. I think I’m going to be okay and not go postal. Thank God I don’t own a gun!

I got an “effective” evaluation for the first time in six years.

That means no bonus.

That f*cking sucks.

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, dogs are from Pluto. - Anonymous

God, I think I’m die’n. Soooo very sick…

Been better, though I guess there’s enough people who have it worse to keep me from being tooself-pitying.

“I guess it is possible for one person to make a difference, although most of the time they probably shouldn’t.”

“Can there be misery loftier than mine?”

– Samuel Beckett, ENDGAME

I just developed a method of delivering itineraries, invoices and receipts via e-mail that will save our branch over $60,000 per year. They may institute it company-wide, and that means millions in savings per year.

My boss is happy. Her boss is happy. The client is happy. The accounting gnomes are happy.

My bonus is looking good. Drinks are on me!

Uncle Beer:

Huh? Isn’t that what MPSIMS is **for{/b]? :smiley:

Pretty good, mon. Howz by you?

Fighting off a headache that’s threatening to become a migraine. :frowning:
Surfing/MBing 'cause I can’t focus to work.
Why does this always seem to happen on or just before the weekend?

But today at lunch it was nice and sunny and warm, so I drove to my 12:00 meeting with the top down on my car. (With my top down? with the top of my car down? Never have figured out how to say that correctly without leaving myself open to all your puns.) Nice to do that in late October!

Lots of terrible things could have happened today and didn’t!

All in all about a 5 (out of 10).

I’m pretty good. All caught up on my work, everything seems to be cool. Just looking for stuff to do tonight. Hopefully I’ll be able to hitch a ride to a frat party or something. Or anyplace with alcohol, I’m not picky.

Wonderful! Just a couple of hours to go at work. Found out I was getting an early raise(6 mos instead of a year). The movers are coming tommorrow morning to deliver my furniture to my new house. AND, Saturday night I’m going out to party hardy!

“The world is not five hours old and evil has already entered it” - Aslan
The Magician’s Nephew

Polywannacarp, of course it is. That’s why I jumped in with the first reply.

I hope you don’t mind if I poke a little fun at your screen name. I’d bet my pun isn’t exactly original though. I’ll keep tryin.

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

FANTASTIC!

I was let go from my job 3 weeks ago. The company was bought and all mid level managers were let go (in my case, I exceeded projections by 20% last fiscal year. Moves like this don’t always make sense).

I had my third interview today. I accepted a job making far more money, less hours and less stress. I guess things do happen for a reason.

If I could just click my heels without falling down, life would be perfect. I’ve been toying with the idea of sending those bastards a thank you card ever since I left my interview today.

Sorry if I’m rambling, but damn, what a great day

I’ve gotten about 20 live Phish shows in the mail in the last few days through a tape trading ring. I’ve been eating, drinking and sleeping Phish for days now. Life is truely great.

And Democritus, yeah, were gonna’ party hardy on Saturday night. McNear’s is gonna’ rip! Last one standing wins (or looses, depending on how you look at it). I’ll call you tonight.

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

Just came back to check in.

Reading all those “doing great”'s made me smile.

Yea Zeb!!!

Thanks, Seal-E, for the thread. :slight_smile:
And you haven’t let us know how you are, even thoguh W7 asked so nicely,
so…?