Spidey - Orlando III (return of the Dopes)

Just found this out for locals (aw heck, everyone, if you’re gonna be in town for more than a couple of days and plan on doing Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure).

AAA special - limited purchase time though: if you are a AAA member, go to a AAA South office (FL/GA/AL/MS) and purchase the 2-park annual pass there for $99.95, and activate the pass before July 1.

At the gate, the two park pass is $159.

Less than the regular price for two individual days will getcha one year at both parks, plus AAA has discounts at most of the shops and restaurants or the discounts for annual passholders. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Uhh, just curious, why is this thing called “Spidey?” :confused:

It’s short for “Spidey the fun licker”.

Got my Universal Studios ticket (annual pass, so no more parking fees for me). Hell, it’s right down the street, so might as well.

See y’all at dinner tomorrow. Someone is bringing a camera, right?

[singsong]I’m goin’ to Orlando, I’m goin’ to Orlando,
I’m gonna see-ee Spidey, I’m gonna see Katie,
With my girlfriend, na, na-na na, naaaa[/singsong]

With your who? Sheesh. :stuck_out_tongue:

“Fiancee” didn’t keep the rythm very well.

Ya gotta picture a six year old doing this, I was in character.

I really wanted to be there this weekend, unfortunately I have to work late tonight and since I’m in South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale) I’d have to basically fly up to Orlando to make it to Dinner and the movie.

Anyone have plans for Saturday?

Saturday:
Go to Islands of Adventure to enjoy the Spider-man ride and other great roller coaster type things, and a Dr. Seuss Carousel.
Afterwards meet up at some bar/restaraunt place to discuss the philosophic aspects of rollercoaster over Grasshoppers and Rum Fuzzies. “The dichotomy between incredible speeds the ride reaches and our long wait in line symbolizes the fast fun aspecst of our life, set against the slow dullness of every day boring. What Islands of Adventure was trying to say…” Really, I can’t finish - now everyone will have to attend to find out the end of my roller coaster treatise.

Sunday:
Cinco De Mayo - We will sit around and celebrate the holiday over Grasshoppers and Margaritas.

Well, pricciar arrived last night. We’ll be heading over in a couple of hours to the hotel and Downtown Disney area to check into our rooms and just hang out. Neither of us have cell phones because we’re way behind the times.

I just called Rainforest Cafe and they have no reservations, so Pat and I will just go very early to get our Super Fun Spidey Dope table. It’ll still be under “Cecil Adams”. From 5:45 on, Pat and I will be sitting in the Rainforest Cafe bar area.

I have shoulder-length red hair and will most likely be wearing a black shirt and jeans. I’ve already picked up our movie tickets.

Has anyone heard from velvetjones?

Excellent. See you there as soon as I navigate the hell called I-4. Save me a seat at the bar.

Any hotel rooms available still? I might splurge for one, just for a weekend away.

screech-owl
(mid-back brown hair [possible pony-tail] loud red t-shirt, jeans, black boots)

I’ll be there … I think, as soon as I get out this code enforcement letter. Ugh.

Saturday. Grrrr … like, thanks for telling me where everyone’s meeting tonight. Cell phones are all off, and I can’t contact anyone. Jeez … am I that bad of a person?

:frowning:

Apparently so. It appears as if I’ve been shunned from a DopeFest, for some unknown reason.

Slow down there, lightnin’. We didn’t do much of anything last night. We all ate at different times, and everyone went to bed early. I didn’t even stay at the hotel. I went home with Elessar.

Last I heard, we’re meeting in the lobby of the hotel for breakfast at 11 AM.

I’m sorry noone called, elmwood. I don’t have a cell phone, and I didn’t know your number. I was dragging around on 2 hours sleep and could only think of going to bed.

Hope to see you at breakfast!

gah. wish I knew about breakfast. gimme a bit to finiish up a report!!! see you there.

Breakfast? Ugh … got up at 1:00 AM today.

Spiritus has my number.

Sorry about the outburst; I’m very sensitive about feeling left out. Long story.

I meant “got up at 1:00 PM.” Let me know if there’s anything going on this afternoon or tonight, 'kay?

Sorry I couldn’t make it - had to redo the whole report.

But I had a darned great time this weekend!!

It was great meeting everyone over the weekend, elmwood, that is an amazing and wonderful story that you have, and I’m sure it will get better as it grows. And nobody was shunned, Geobabe and I had our cells on all day, but you did not have our numbers, and we did not have a way to reach you, and even if we did, there were no “plans” until late. After I did my best David Banner imitation and turned green after the Hulk roller coaster, Geobabe and I went back to the hotel, ended up eating dinner by ourselves, and after leaving messages with Katie and Spiritus, got the return calls at 9:30pm, when the hardier folks got back from the amusement park. Just food plans, no party after.