Spidey - Orlando III (return of the Dopes)

I think dinner at the RainForest Cafe on Friday is the best idea for everyone involved. Especially, me.
Here is why:
[ul]
[li]They have real live birds in there. If you stand quietly and completetly still with a piece of bread in your hand one of the birds just might swoop down and eat some bread. Then he might talk to you. [/li][li] There are real live animatronic gorillas there. [/li][li] They might have girl drinks. And the birds that will rest on your shoulder after you have fed them bread will like to have a nip or two of your girl drink.[/li][li] The gorillas will not try to drink your sissy drink. They are disgusted by them.[/li][li] I believe the name Rainforest Cafe stems from the fact that every item on their menu comes from an endangered creature eeking out an existence in a forest that is slowly being clear cut. (Don’t worry vegetarians! There are plenty of endangered plants to suit your needs.)[/li][/ul]

Pleasure Island is silly. That will be great! At 11:59 we can all promise each other we will see each other next year. Then, laugh hysterically at midnight when it really is next year and we are seeing each other. Good times.
Plus, we can complain to security guards and staff about getting confetti in our hair. Maybe earn a couple of extra drinks and or pictures with Mickey.

If anyone is thinking of coming and is reticent because they don’t have a place to stay. I have plenty of extra floor room in my hotel room. And, I am not crazy nor do I snore. So, you are welcome to sleep down there. Just don’t kill me in my sleep. Or attempt to drown me by creating a submarine that really really works, but when i get in it. It turns out it doesn’t really work. That would be a drag.

pat

Oops, excuse me, I didn’t mean to BUMP into you.

~UncleBill
[sub]counting the days now that I don’t have to take off one shoe to do it anymore[/sub]

You had to take off one shoe… to do it?

Oops, excuse me, I didn’t mean to BUMP into you.

~UncleBill
[sub]counting the days now that I don’t have to take off one shoe to do it anymore[/sub]

friggle-fraggin-galdarned-slow-crudly-breemin-umptifratz!

Geobabe and I have a good time, baby! You mean you’ve never taken one shoe off??? Boy, are YOU missing out!

Okay. Count me in officially - that weekend is free. Please do not lose me this time. Thank you.

So, the current list is

Elessar
elmwood
Geobabe
katiekilldare
pricciar
screech-owl
(Yaaay!)**
Spiritus Mundi
UncleBill
velvetjones **

And, maybe TroubleAgain and pezpunk will drop in at some point or another.

Is that right?

::kicks off one shoe and waits for Elessar to get home::

Hey, hey. I just checked the AMC Movie Theater Site and Spiderman tickets are now available for May 3rd at the Pleasure Island 24 Cinema.

What time on Friday night should we catch the movie? After dinner? The times are 7:00, 7:45, 10:00, 10:45, and 1:00 A.M.

I vote for 10 or 10:45.

How many tickets do we need? Nine? They’re $8.50 each. I can probably buy them online and you guys can pay me back on the day.

Speak up!

One ticket each for the lady and me! 10pm is cool.

10 sounds good to me. make reservations early for Rainforest. It can fill up easily, especially on a Friday.

Yuppers. Count me in.

elmwood - contact me! I need some pictures of Cheektowaga.

Um, hello? I’m seeing previews with rental movies, and I’m kinda looking forward to this. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

BTW, that Cheecktowaga crack is NOT funny. Pink Flamigos and lawn orbs look GOOD on the front yard!

T-6 days. Oh yeah!

BTW, the Mundi family will be going to Sea World on Saturday (Super Ryan, who will turn one next week, a fact which amazes his parents to the point of parentheticals, loves cetacians). Any and all Dopers inclined toward Sea Worldian festivities are invited to come along and get splashed by Shamu[sup]Tm[/sup].

Also BTW, I will have a couple of extra guests Saturday night. Grandpa Mundi and one of my old college buddies (don’t believe any of his stories about me–he’s a terrible fibber) will both be dropping by to [play with Ryan|drink and tell lies] respectively.

Woo-hoo! Festivities for everyone. And webshooters. The kind that go thwip. Those are my favorite.

bump

Getting close, folks.We should set a rendesvouz time/place for both dinner and movie.

If we are doing the movie on Friday night at Downtown Disney (am I correct?), how about meeting somewhere near the theatres? Remember there are two entrances to AMC: I might suggest perhaps the open area surrounded by Virgin MegaStore, Bongos Cafe and “Eat-n-Pay-n-Get-Out” (aka Wolfgang Pucks).

Was someone reserving/picking up tickets?

What time was the showing?

Drinks before hand? After hand? In each hand?

I’ve purchased 10 adult tickets ($8.50 each) for the 10:00 p.m. showing of Spiderman on Friday night at the Downtown Disney AMC theater. I still haven’t heard from velvetjones about whether or not he’ll be a the movie.

Perhaps we should have dinner beforehand. Pricciar suggested the Rainforest Cafe. I could try for a 6:30 reservation there, and that’s where we could meet (for anyone who’s not staying at the hotel). I think that’d give us enough time to eat and then walk over to the cinema and score a good block of seats for the movie.

Who’s going to Sea World? Who’s going to Islands of Adventure?

Rainforest sounds excellent. Given that I work in downtown Orlando, leave at 5 pm and must navigate the cattle chute (aka Interstate 4), I should be there at oh, say 6:30 on the dot.

Reservations under the “Cecil Adams” party?
(Really looking forward to this…I really need a break.)

IoA sounds good for me. I’ll need to pick up a ticket there. (Any idea how much annual passes are, BTW? Might as well.)

Rainforest cafe works for me. I might not make it until 7:00 or so, but there’s no reason for everyone to wait on me.

The reservation will be under “Cecil Adams + katiekilldare 4 ever”.

Or “Cecil Adams” for short.