Star Trek Lower Decks

I love all the easter eggs. In the Collector’s collection is the skeleton of Abraham Lincoln with a giant spear stuck into him… (-:

This show is so much better than Picard or Discovery it’s just ridiculous.

It’s almost as if CBS has such little faith in actual Star Trek that they’re dumping what they think is the crap writing and stories on Lower Decks… except episodic stories that are actual sci-fi set in an optimistic universe are the GOOD writing, and they don’t even know it.

I’d say that it’s without a doubt the best Trek since DS9 wrapped.

So any theories who or what that giant skeleton in a tattered Starfleet uniform was supposed to be?

“Spock Two”

I also spotted Lincoln skeleton from Savage Curtain

Season 2 episode 1 is available on YouTube (may be region locked)

Brian

Link:

Brian

I’m digging S2 so far, and will definitely keep watching. Glad to have Boimler back aboard the Cerritos.

Wow, great article! I spotted maybe a quarter of all those Easter eggs.

Binged the first six episodes of Season One over the weekend. This is some seriously fun stuff.

“Remember all the stuff that happened to the Enterprise crew?”
“Yeah — it was like a weekly event.”

I love how everyone refers to the TNG Enterprise as “the D.”

They don’t seem to mention it too often, but, what with all the demotions, Mariner has been in the service 20 years longer than all the other junior officers. Better late than never?

This season has been killing it. Really enjoying it. My favorite Easter Egg this week was when during a cacophony of sound a character says “What was with T’Pol’s hair that one year”.

Not entirely clear, she is older but not by that much.
(The actress is 39 FWIW and they have gone with trying to make the on screen animated characters resemble the voice actors, so they have the option of a later cross over).
By the way, why was Tom Paris wearing the First Contact uniform?

It seems different fleets (within Star Fleet) have different uniforms. Titan also wore a First Contact Uniform. They established this in Discovery to explain why Discovery had different uniforms than the Enterprise did.

I laughed outloud at the shuttlecraft bouncing…

Some interesting trivia I saw online. Apparently Qualor II in this episode was probably meant to be Freecloud from Picard. The visuals match Freecloud but don’t match what we have seen of Qualor and they don’t make mistakes like that on this show. I wonder why they changed it?

This show makes me so happy.

That was weird.