Suck My Tar Balls Through Your Vuvuzela - SDMB Poker - Q3, 2010

I just want to chime in how much I enjoy these thread titles. Well done, YR. :smiley:

Not sure if I follow you exactly, I was commenting that because I was a no show for last night, anyone showing up automatically did better than me.

Well, I could have busted NFM with my quad-8s (on the flop!), but I didn’t want to scare him off, so I slow played it. Afterwards, he told me he would have gone all in on that hand had I pushed for it. My faux pas, I guess.

Thanks! We figured it out at the end of the last game of last quarter…a game that I only observed because I got home late. I think Oslo and Root were still on talking about next quarters’ thread title and working the BP oil spill into it. My first thought was “Suck my tar balls”. NFM wanted some vuvuzela reference also, so BAM, there it is.

Thanks for the credit, Yeti. I don’t like the vuvuzelas, I find them annoying, but “vuvuzelas” is one of those words sound dirty, but aren’t.

And Yes, IIRC, I had top pair (w/ two eight) and top kicker when you had quad eights. I really thought it was going to be a good enough. I would have busto.

Root (or was it Red?) had quad Aces against me, but fortunately I was not committed to that hand.

Don’t think it was me. I had pretty good cards last night (a couple of full-houses, I think; one of them was after pushing all-in), but I don’t remember having quads for quite some time.

Yeah I had quad aces on the turn. But i couldn’t drum up enough action to sink you with them.

Care to join us in our insanity?

Another awesome blog by Kid Poker.

It does not shock me that I don’t have an eight-figure house in Las Vegas.

Hopefully you get a break from me tonight, if do well in this freeroll:
Poker Stars if offering this free roll tonight FWIW.

I’m registered…starts in about 2 hrs…

Never thought I’d wish you luck…

So I won’t start now.

I busted…

So I will be in the game tonight…with vengeance.

So sorry to hear that.

:smiley:

Well, not a great return, but he beat Meeko. It’s a start.

Results:

1. Dag
  2. Frosty
  3. Red
  4. MentalGuy
  5. Peeker
  6. Missy
  7. fubbs
  8. Duck
  9. Root
  10. Kitch
  11. NFMensa
  12. Meeko
  13. Oslo
  14. Crane

First standings of the quarter:

1 Dag Otto 78.3
2 frosted glass 77.3
3 notfrommensa 77.0
4 Robot Arm 73.0
5 Oslo Ostragoth 67.8
6 MissTake 62.0
7 MentalGuy 45.9
8 fubbleskag 39.1
9 Craneop2 34.8

Very tight at the top. I thoroughly screwed my prospects of contending with a 13/14.

Crane and fubbs aren’t out of it, but need a few cards to land their way for a change.

Sorry to miss out last night…I had to wait for a flooring contractor to finish up some work.

Glad to hear Duck is back!

You guys are gonna love this:

My week was not a total loss. I entered the PokerNews $2K freeroll on PokerStars, but had to leave for a frakking Family Dinner (stupid sister flying in from Arizona) before playing a hand. When I got back 1.5 - 2 hours later, we were nearing the bubble, and I had 10 chips left with blinds at 200/100.

The BB swallows me, but I triple up with T5o against QQ when I flopped two pair. The SB also swallows me, but lightning strikes again and I double up to 60 chips. Very soon we are in hand-to-hand play, and 222 losers bust out before the blinds swallow me for good on the same orbit.

948/6000 for $0.44* in cold, hard, real American money.

Proof here. (I’m OtbertVII at Stars)

Permission is granted to bow at my awesomeness. :smiley:
p.s. I think I have a new strategy for tournament play: register, then disappear.

*I think this boosts my cash account to $0.50. Bow again, if appropriate.

I beat the guy with last Q’s worst score?

I’m not really back to try to play, I was just bored. Guess 8th shows that.

Mensa, Peeker, or Meeko. Just giving shit to any of them is fine. You beat Mensa too, but that guy has a huge ego that I hate to even mention his name.

:smiley:

Only Tuesday and the trash talking has already started.

6 minutes to reply. What did I tell you about his ego?