Summer Dopefest at Persephone's House Update: IMPORTANT! Please Read!

Pers -

The pasties aren’t genuine where I live, either. Need to go about 50-60 miles north of me for the good ones.

aenea: As the link that UncleBeer provided indicates (thanks, UncleBeer! :)), I live in Flint, Michigan. I checked your profile, and I see that you’re in North Carolina, correct? Well, don’t let that stop you! Anyone who can get here is welcome!

KimKatt: Pasties are, in a nutshell, the World’s Most Perfect Food. Pronounced PASS-tees, they are a baked thing, stuffed with stuff, usually meat, potatoes, carrots, and onion if you’re lucky. Kinda like a pot pie, without the gravy inside, and bigger. Awesome. BTW, the things strippers use are spelled the same, but pronunced PASTE-ees. But I suppose you could use Michigan pasties for the same purpose, if you’re in to that kind of thing. :wink:

Milo: Darn. Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to hang on to the few I’ve got left from my trip up north last weekend. I bought a baker’s dozen in Mackinaw City. :smiley:

Last pastie I had was up by Manistique. In addition to all of the stuff you mentioned, it had routabegga (sp?) in it. It was awesome.

Better save one for ME then…I haven’t been able to get any good ones for a LONG time…sheesh