Supernatural February 25 2011 "The French Mistake"

I still think they should have shown Jensen Ackles and Jared Padelecki in the “Supernatural is not a TV show” world with Angels and so forth. Would have been hilarious.

I thought I’d answer some of the questions I’ve seen on here based upon the various YouTube videos I’ve watched of conventions, etc.

Jared and Jensen are close and have been close since the first season. Last year they were both groomsmen in each other’s weddings. (Jared’s 1 year anniv. is tomorrow). In fact, for at least part of one season (7 1/2 episodes that I know of) - Jensen lived at Jared’s place. I don’t know all the details except Jared had bought a house and the place Jared was renting - something came up and it wasn’t available.

The following people in the show were really themselves: the stunt coordinator, Jared & Jensen’s bodyguard/driver and Sara (on the phone). Many of the cast and crew were themselves also. However, everyone else was played by actors.

Some of the behind the scenes jokes…

If I am correct- Jensen’s trailer was the same motorhome used in “Bad Day at Black Rock” (the unlucky rabbit foot episode).

Jensen really does own the helicopter in his trailer.

Jared & Gen are involved in rescue/adoption for dogs.

I think I saw on a clip once where someone asked one of the boys (at a convention) if they’d ever have an alpaca on the show and the reply was “Kripke is pretty creative…I’m sure if he can find a way to work one in…he will.” or something like that.

The awards on the wall behind Bobby Singer when he’s on the phone to Sara are really awards that the show has won.

The Supernatural magazine that Dean picked up in the trailer - is a real magazine.

That’s all I can think of right now - hope that helps.
Edited to add: I believe the picture of Jared on a horse (in his office/den) is from an upcoming episode in a few weeks where they go back in time to the Wild West and meet Samuel Colt.

“But it appears that Jared and Jensen were seen beating an extra to death” :slight_smile:

I thought it was kind of cute when the makeup artist started wiping the makeup off of “Jensen” and “Dean” acted like a little boy when he realized both he and “Sam” were wearing makeup.

I agree that Mischa Collins was way too “girly” when he was attacked in his car. I guess the actor was being teased about his demeanor?

Two things I’d like to say:

1. This is my favorite episode of Supernatural ever!

2. I’ve only seen Season 1 plus this episode, so I’m a little behind.

Anyone else think there was a bit of grim foreboding in some of the comments made by characters this episode? Sam mentioning that not many people watch the show, “Bobby Singer” saying something about season six, Gen saying “you’ve been Sam Winchester for far too long,” etc.?

Some good in-jokes as people mentioned. They did reference Lois & Clark with the Dean Cain comment. In previous episodes they mentioned Lois & Clark and Gilmore Girls (in Hollywood Babylon; they also commented that the weather was “practically Canadian” in that episode) and House of Wax (Fallen Idols)

Considering the show was initially supposed to end with season five, I think it’s fair to say it’s currently living on borrowed time which the comments accurately reflect.

Watching Sam and Dean act (“dude, don’t look at the camera.” “we’ll have a key and a lock and a key and …”) was hilarious.
I liked some of the other “light” episodes better, but this one had its moments.

You really need to see the ones where they have gone “meta” before. Sam and Dean have…met the author of the “Supernatural” books, met a fan-fiction writing fan-girl, attended a Supernatural convention, and …

Made a commercial for genital herpes

and

Appeared on “Nutcracker”, Japanese game show that…well, you need to see it to believe it.

I assume Bob Singer produced “Lois and Clark”?

Those were pretty funny. I’ll probably get started on Season 2 this week or next.

So I guess this means Supernatural has caught on with enough fans that they can plan on being renewed one season at a time, at least until they have 100 episodes? Are there any plans for a movie?

It looks as if episode 100 was April 15th, last year. Most full seasons are over 20, so you expect a series to hit 100 around the end of the fifth season, or in the beginning of the sixth.

It looks like they had a light season 3, only 16 episodes - that was the year of the writer’s strike, yes? (2007-2008)

Cite: Supernatural (2005) (a Titles & Air Dates Guide)

Yes, the writer’s strike shortened season 3.

By the way, most of the jokes about the demise of the show are good natured, really. I think they are going to be renewed for season 7, actually.

Holy crap, I had no idea that Sam and Ruby were actually married IRL.

Brian Doyle Murray kinda took me out of the ep a little, he might not be as recognizable as his brother, but I’ve seen him in enough stuff I that I knew he wasn’t the real deal.

But still, overall, it was great.

I’m pretty sure that BD Murray was the sheriff that informed Sam and Dean about the real deal behind “cattle mutilations.”

I was, as Misha says, Rotflmfao! I am absolutely loving this episode!

ETA: There were a couple of moments where they went very close to a slashfic moment - “You two need the set cleared for an hour?..”

ETA2: Misha didn’t tweet about the guy in the backseat of his car; I guess I understand why. Frowny face. :frowning:

I’ve never made the connection between Bobby Singer and Bob Singer! What kind of douchebag names a character after himself?

Ooh, Castiel did the wings in the lightning thing again - I love that. This was a great episode - I think it worked wonderfully, probably in part because the show has never taken itself too seriously, and they have been dangerously close to breaking the fourth wall many times - they are very close to what’s going on online, and don’t hesitate to put it in the show.

Ooookay, so when are we going to see an episode where Sam and Dean go undercover at a Chippendales revue?

::d&r::

Every night in my dreams. :smiley: