Survivor 10/16/03

Much=Munch

How convenient.

Maybe they only do it when the team going to Tribal Council has an even number of players to prevent a tie. But then, Morgan went with 8 and 6, didn’t they?

I must be the only one around here or maybe even on the planet who’s not a Rupert fan. I admit that he’s the best player out there now, but for some reason he just rubs me in an odd way. I don’t dislike him, but I don’t fawn over him.

Plus he actually seems to like Jonny Fairplay (retch) which in my book counts against you in a BIG way.

I question his seemingly unconditional commitment to the Drake tribe. He seems to not recognize that if you put him on Morgan, they would be whoopin’ Drake, not vice-versa. Rupert is the key, the rest of them are just treading water (except for Osten, who can’t even do that).

I think Drake is likely to go in ahead at the merge, but I don’t know if Rupe’s ready to envision a time when they’ll be voting each other off.

Personally, I think they did the team switch thing as punishment for Drake’s decision to throw the immunity challenge last week. Their intent to do so was expressed well ahead of the challenge. I think the producers just sat down and tried to think of a good way to make them pay an extra price for throwing the challenge, and it worked pretty well.

Minty Green, I was saying that exact same thing to Legolamb last week. As far as I know, I don’t think Survivor has ever done this type of thing before. I don’t think there was ever any danger of Drake changing their minds and not throwing the challenge so the team switch thing was just something they added just to bite them on the ass for actually throwing the game.

. Rupert said pretty much exactly the same thing: he said was going to kick butt in Morgan’s RC to show Drake how much they need him.

emulsified, I’m not a huge fan either. I dunno…I guess it’s because he’s so full of unsolicited advice.

Like when Andrew arrived to loot. He wouldn’t let the guy have the victory of being a pirate. No, he had to pull him to the side and be Father-knows-best. Nice strategy, but its jerkish. Andrew is a grown damn man, even if he has his flaws. He deserved the pleasure of pillaging the place like Drake had done before. I blame Andrew for being such a wimp, and I blame Rupert for taking advantage of it.

Dammit, if Morgan didn’t need the rice so much and Andrew wasn’t such a dweeb, they could have seriously done Drake in by taking that spear. Sure, a second spear wouldn’t help them that much, but then we’d get to see Drake suffer a little, food-wise.

I don’t like Drake for some reason. I don’t like Morgan, but I think Ryan has a nice, cute face. And it doesn’t have Jon.

Jon may be an annoying prick, or at least that’s the way the editors want us to see him, but I will say one thing for him - he makes good television. I’d rather have a couple of guys irritating the hell out of me (like Jon and Osten) than 16 guys and girls with less personality than tepid water such as Trish, Michelle, Ryan O. and Andrew.

And let’s face it, he’s the number one talking point of the SDMB Survivor threads.

As for Osten though - if he’s afraid of the water, the insects, the snakes, the jungle and his own shadow, why on earth did he even apply for the show? Was it really just so he could show off those completely useless muscles on TV?

Sadly, you definitely need people like Jon to keep the show interesting. Having said that, I’ve found this season so far to be one of the least interesting ones. Give me a Jerri, or the “boob twins” anyday.