Survivor Amazon 2/20

Not only should the girls have turned over their canoe to keep it from foundering, but they could have used it as an impromptu roof besides (they still didn’t have one at that point). They really don’t seem to be coping with the roughing-it at all.

I think Christy must have a persecution complex. The way she’s acting, it’s like she wants to get booted so she can claim it’s because she’s deaf. She’s by far the most interesting member of the Jaburu tribe.

And Heidi is by far the hottest.

Maybe she was cool with the other ones, but this one happens to be “scary-looking”, and therefore “against God” instead of just being a prop for the show. (I liked the low-POV night shots of it.) Didn’t someone suggest calling it something else besides “idol”? (“Immunity statue”?)

But yeah, you have to be a bit of a thicky to not realize that you might have to share the camp with an “idol”.

I’m wondering if any of them saw the clue bus thunder through during the memorization challenge. Do you think we’ll see them:

1. spearfishing?
  2. building a better shelter, that’s higher off the ground?
  3. finding their own dang roots to peel & chop to make flour?
  4. catch pigs?

Sweet Jebus, didn’t these guys ever watch a National Geographic special? Net fishing is a one-person operation! You do NOT need all eight freekin’ people in the boat to go net fishing!
6. remember when their host said, “there are fish this long out there in the open river”. The women were fishing right there in camp, whereas the guys went out into the river. We didn’t see them catch anything… the women could have saved themselves some time if they speared those fish, since they were right there…

Second the “turn the dang boat over” motion. Plus, guys, think about it: It’s rainproof!

Unfortunately I have to agree with Jadis. The only modification I’d suggest is that they’re a bunch of fookin’ annoying idiots.

And… a large percentage of them could be classified as “ignoranuses”. They’re stupid AND they’re assholes.

Yes, she actually said that! If they had not brought the idol into the tribe then God would have stopped it from raining in the rain forest just for her.

Cracked me up when the women were being clueless, the guys seems to be laying in stores of supplies. Someone came in with an armload of “pointy sticks.” And it looks like they have 2 shelters!

Loved Dan’s “It would suck to be out in this” - cue cut to women’s camp.

But the line of the week was Christy’s, “Don’t you think that as a vessel of Christ she might be a little nicer?”

I like Alex on the men’s side.

Don’t know what grade or gender students Heidi teaches gym to, but I can imagine a few adolescent boys - and their dads, working on their vidcaps.

David has a super recap on his site. (Even MORE super than usual - as tho that were possible!)

Don’t remember any “Survivor Girls gone Wild!” on previous series quite the equal of what they suggest for next week. Closest I can recall is Tom the horny drunk pig farmer watering down the girls in Africa.

Dinsdale, could you post the link to David’s site. Forgive me, I always forget to bookmark it.

Mystified by the TC vote. Could’ve gone with Christy, chip-on-the-shoulder outsider. Could’ve gone with Joanna, late-night God shouter. But nooooooo…pick on the middle-aged harmless person, probably falsely accused of sneaking food.

The first time Jaburu get some brains cells firing, they invent the “fire shelter”. Huh? Apparently it had not occurred to them that they could keep the firewood dry, and start a new fire after the rain stops.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl

He’s got a bunch of great one-liners in there.

The brainiacs said they lost their flint.
WTF?
And minty - great call last week re: the jerky!

Joanna’s little idol tirade last night was fooking hilarious. I think I’m christian but that little idol crap is utter bullshit. now tell me Joanna wtf is the $1,000,000 at the end to you? I’m thinking that’s your idol… get over your high and mighty self and for God’s sake don’t make us Christians look bad by making yourself looking like an utter nutjob.

Oh and i hope Christy gets the boot soon. She’s playing the deaf card when obviously she is the one not trying to be part of the group. She almost immediately isolated herself and on top of that she blames it on her handicap. If she isnt getting into the group dynamics it’s because she’s not trying hard enough to forge strong bonds with a few ladies than it is to do with her deafness.

Christy’s going to dig her own grave, and I’m afraid it’ll be one task the rest of Jaburu will be more than willing to help her with. I’m guessing Joanna will end up as a de facto leader of the tribe only through intimidation, but she’ll be voted out once the tribes merge, if she makes it that far. I can’t pick a single person I favor; I’m beginning to think the single-sex tribes are bringing out the worst in men and women in general.

Say what you want about Joanna, but at least she, unlike Dan, can count to two! :smiley:

**JEFF: ** What were the two items in the canoe?

DAN: A spear.

That was a funny contrast, with the guy saying he had a leverage point because the two other guys had this whole “we agree to disagree” non-argument about something that had nothing to do with the game. Cut to the ladies’ camp, where Christy and J-something were about ready to start with the slapping and hairpulling, and proving that they are pretty much incapable of playing this game together.

Apparently, I’m making many great calls this season. First place in the SNN Piranha Pool, baby! :smiley:

While he is a moron- to be fair he said “spears” not spear. It was such a damn obvious question too. He is a goner.

What is the deal of the annoying “hyper-christians” they picked out the last 2 Survivor contests. Sheesh guys, there are plenty of nice, normal christians – did you have to select the nut jobs?

Christy needs to buy a clue. Because otherwise she is gone at the next vote. Her strident act is really cheesing the team off.

Next week, looks, ummm interesting.

:smiley:

elf6c, the show seems to self-select for nut jobs… christians can’t claim all the credit.

Elf

I checked the tape, and you’re right. Sorry about that. :frowning:

THEY LOST THEIR FLINT?!!?? Gonna be a long, damp month. I expect next week they’ll eat their fishbait for breakfast.

The women seem to have organized an anarcho-syndicalist commune, where they wait for consensus on what needs to be done, by who. The concept of Division of Labor is beyond them.

OK, time to kick ass and take names. You two with the arms: tree chopping detail. You two with brains: shelter construction. You two: fetch water, build fire, then one join treechoppers, one tend fire. You two: fish.

I really identify with Christy. None of it seems like a “persecution complex.” It’s exactly what I go through every day. However, I doubt it was really smart to start ragging on everyone right before the vote. I wouldn’t’ve done that.

The fundie woman is freaky.

Like Jadis, I don’t want anyone to win except perhaps Christy. All the guys seem incredibly annoying…except the one funny guy, the guy who was trying to convince the homophobe? I don’t remember his name. He’s cool. I don’t see him winning though.

I think it will be a woman to win; the odds are in their favor now having won 2/3 competitions.