Take a guess at when you will end up being vaccinated

Update from Moderna:

https://investors.modernatx.com/news-releases/news-release-details/moderna-provides-us-covid-19-vaccine-supply-update-0

The Company expects to meet commitment dates to the U.S. Government for all currently ordered doses of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, including targeting delivery of the first 100 million doses by the end of the first quarter 2021. The Company has moved forward delivery of its second 100 million doses by one month, from end of June 2021 to end of May 2021. It has moved forward delivery of its third 100 million doses by two months, from end of September 2021 to end of July 2021.

So that’s 300mm doses just from Moderna by end of July. Add in other vaccines and incremental improvement in distribution/logistics and I’d say there’s reason to be optimistic.

They just started vaccinating teachers in my county. There’s hope schools might reopen eventually.

It still seems to me that with all that lead time, they (not individual docs–state governors and PHO’s) could have had the system pretty well lined out. Yes, they wouldn’t know how much vaccine they’d get or when. That would slow down the timeline, but it doesn’t mean they couldn’t get the structure planned. We have 4 phases here. Only the Phase 1 tiers have been fleshed out. Everyone not in Phase 1 will be in either 2, 3, or 4, but nobody knows which phase they’ll be in.

When hospitals run disaster drills, they don’t know how many patients they’d be getting in real life or when the disaster will happen, but they still set up a triage system and plan how to meet staffing needs.

Federal coordination would have helped, but still, I’d have expected better from the states.

Yep. I’m scheduled for my first shot tomorrow. Doesn’t mean we’ll reopen the high school this year though. By the time everybody is vaccinated and we have gone through the state paperwork, we’ll be into Spring Break. No real good reason to go back for just a month and a half. Can’t speak for the elementary schools. They might go back in session in March. I’m just not seeing it happening at the secondary level.

Yes, but the states have to give the hospital clear direction.

We did have clear tiers. And they haven’t changed much. But the hospitals didn’t know who they would be authorized to vaccinate under what conditions.

I’m sorry. I really wasn’t very clear. I have no complaint whatsoever with hospitals, most of which have been under siege since the pandemic began. My complaint is with the states, mine in particular, for not constructing a plan for whom hospitals would be authorized to vaccinate and under what conditions.

Minnesota here. Clusterfuck.
Those in nursing homes, all medical personnel and first responders (who wanted it) have been vaccinated.
The state then opened it up to over 65’s. First sign up crashed phones and the website. The following week they reopened as a lottery system, so I signed my 83 year old mother, who has underlying issues. That was on 01/27.
We received 10k doses for the entire state, they were sent to hospitals, clinics, and some pharmacies. State website gave links to the various places offering vaccines and her primary clinic was listed. Go to the clinic website: We do NOT have any vaccines, don’t call us, we’ll call you.
Her not-a-boyfriend, 86 with multiple health problems, goes to the same clinic. They called him last Wednesday, he received his first dose Thursday morning.
She received a call today, not from her primary care clinic, but from the hospital her clinic is associated with. She goes next Friday.

My daughter, grocery store employee, has heard nothing. She’d be next in line, before other family members.

I was contacted by my transplant team - they will not be offering vaccines, I will either need to wait for my primary care clinic to call, or obtain on my own. They did strongly note I am only to get either the Pfizer or Moderna.

Where I was hoping to at least get the first round by early next month, I’m now thinking June? Maybe?

Bettendorf Hyvee

2900 Devils Glen Road

Bettendorf, IA 52722

Has a lot of appointments.

Gone.

Mistermage checked at 7:40 am Central and the appts. were all gone. (Pretty much the same time you posted “Gone.” he emailed me back.)

Anything that involves coordinating and organizing people doing physical stuff I understand. What’s pathetic is that online information, booking systems and notification system are so terrible. It’s not like programmers who can work safely anywhere haven’t been available. If they’d outsourced organizing all this shit to Google and Amazon last year I bet
(a) they would have done it for free
(b) it would work

Vaccine appointments in Arizona are being rescheduled because the storms are causing shipping delays.

Same for Oregon.

For people in Illinois who can get to one of the locations, I’d regularly check Hyvee’s online sign up. They are added at weird times. I registered eight eligible family members.

So our lovely governor, Kovid Kim Reynolds has decided to change things up.

First Iowa will no longer be reporting the number of people being tested: instead it will be reporting only the total number of tests. Since some people get tested frequently that will make our rates of infection seem lower.

Second the centralized sign up website she was paying Microsoft to set up is a no go. (Previous announcement) “The selection of Microsoft came after the agency last week gave potential bidders one day to respond to an emergency request for proposals seeking work.”

My beloved sister lives in Iowa. I was born and grown up there. I now live the next state west. Any threads about Iowa’s Governor need to be in The Pit so the truth can be spoken about her. The Pit.

Massachusetts is changing the way vaccine is distributed, but I don’t begrudge the changes. I was previously thinking that I would be vaccinated at my place of employment, which was fantastic. But now, the state is routing most vaccine to the large state-run distribution locations.
My guess is this is a matter of equity and making sure lower income residents have the same access. So while this will be less convenient for me, I think that is the point.
Hopefully in a few months states will be swimming in vaccine and the state will go back to distribution though the smaller channels as well. I’ve moved my guess up to mid-June for me.

I’m 75, with several health problems. Originally, I thought I’d be getting vaccinated in late January, but that didn’t happen. Now, I’m told 65-year-olds are getting vaccinated. Somehow, they jumped over 75-year-olds.

I called my primary doc’s office, and after a 3-day delay, I was told that if I can find the vaccine somewhere else, I should get it there. But I can’t find it somewhere else either. Sigh.

One of my FB friends posted this link that might help you (as I said Iowa is way behind):

Thank you. I ‘m trying to help my sister in Cedar Rapids chase down an appt. great lead, thanks. I forwarded it to her.