Take a guess at when you will end up being vaccinated

And honestly, the estimates I’ve heard have been all over the board. Anything from April of this year to next year. I think it depends on how many people say, “yes” when it’s their turn. (Since I’m at the end of the line.)

My wife is especially concerned, 76, a lot of health issues (Crone’s disease, strokes, diabetes) and worries that the vaccine might well cause a bad reaction. We’re calling our dr Monday.

Didn’t you mention somewhere that you had covid few weeks ago? Do you know if that effects things?

I’m sure you meant Crohn’s disease. If not, that’s some typo.

I’m Tier 1, Group 4 as an allied medical professional. Depending on how the rollout goes, I still might defer since I can practice from home, though as a person with asthma and diabetes whose patients aren’t as well-served by telehealth, that might be a stupid noble gesture.

I am a 59 year old with type 2 diabetes and with a BMI if 31. I figure I will start to be eligible in February depending on supply and how many balk at taking it right away. I am taking it right away.

Yeah, I misspelled it. She’s had Crohn’s for some 47 years. You would think I’d remember how to spell it.

My 52nd birthday is a few weeks into April. I’ll optimistically shoot for a birthday shot. Followed by birthday beer.

Our doctor’s office has already sent my husband and I an email saying they would contact us when it is our turn. I’m sure that’s at least partially to keep the number of phone calls down, and to make sure they’ve got the supply they need when scheduling appointments. If you don’t have a regular doctor, though, not sure how that’s going to work.

I have heard that the local pharmacies will be getting some of the vaccine as well, so I guess that’s another route one could go.

I personally am not expecting to get a call until about August or so.

My (76 year old, chronic respiratory disease) mom just had an appointment with her GP last week and asked this question. All of the major hospital/doctor groups here have some sort of health app that you join that sends out appointment reminders, etc. Her doctor said she’ll be informed via the app. I’m betting they’ll do that as well as put out announcements on tv, radio, newspapers that inform each group that they’re eligible to sign up. My husband (PT) is thinking his employer will arrange their vaccinations, but he asked his boss and he had no information about how it was going to work.

I remember during H1N1 that I heard on the news that my youngest was eligible for a vaccination (under 6, asthma). We were able to then make an appointment at the county health department.

I’ll be in the last group eligible in the US. I think Fauci said everyone who wants it should be able to get it by June, if I remember correctly, which of course I might not. I’m optimistic that with a few more vaccines getting approved and a lot of people refusing to take one… I’m going to say between St Patrick’s Day and Easter. Again, that’s optimistic and I need a little hopefulness now. I’ve been on the realistic/pessimistic side for the last nearly 10 months (like I knew the kids weren’t going back to school in 2020 the second it was canceled in March) and I earned a little wishful thinking.

I am really not sure. On one hand, I’m only 48, have no serious pre-existing conditions, unless being fat and having well-controlled hypertension count.

On the other hand, I work in a large municipality’s IT department specifically with the part that deals with critical infrastructure like water. So there’s a fair chance that I might get declared an essential worker and move up in the pecking order for vaccines.

I’m guessing early February. I teach at a community college that is still allowing students to attend in person if they wish. More significant is we’re state employees with a strong union. Whether we deserve an early slot is debatable.

Available in March in Australia. I’m 54, no health problems, not an essential worker. I may get a leg up because I work in an industry with a lot of public contact…but probably not. So, I’m guessing end of March or early April, depending on how fast it goes out. I’d be surprised if it’s past the end of April, anyway.

My European country has been extremely aggressive about setting up its vaccination program, for various reasons. I’d say Feb at the earliest, Apr at the very latest.

Same here. What might move me up is if being an “off-campus” coach( I’m only on campus for team practice, I’m not a teacher, janitor, office staff, etc.) qualifies as “support staff”.

I think it’s going to be available to all sooner than expected in the U.S., maybe by mid-March. Although the initial rollout seems to be slow and behind schedule, once Biden is inaugurated and government returns to relative normalcy and efficiency things will speed up considerably. And the makers will find ways to scale up production quickly. And there will be a couple of new vaccines available in the near future. And a lot of eligible vaccinees will be irrationally resistant to getting it, making it more available to the rational folks sooner.

The most updated information I’ve read suggests that everybody who wants it can have it by August.

I’m close to the bottom of the list, so I’m mentally prepared to wait until June.

Or, a better word than “mentally prepared” might be “completely resigned”.

I’m almost 68 and my doctor tells me that I’m in good shape, despite a double-bypass two years ago.

I expect (hope?) to receive the vaccine in mid-March.

I’m almost 59 and I’d guess I won’t be able to get the shot until late summer, maybe August. I hope it’s sooner, but gigantic projects like vaccinating zillions of people ever happens on schedule and without problems.