Take your hurtful comments and get out of our lives!!!!!

I want me some Nym, damn it!

Nym, dpr… ach, du. Rock on, be well, henceforce feel joy.

See, that’s the funny thing, Nym. I must be a sign of how little I pay attention to the personal issues of other people (it’s all about me dammit!). I remember that you and dpr were both there when I mentioned the scheme, and that you both commented on it, but it completely went over my head, somehow, that you and dpr were in a relationship.

As for actually enacting the scheme, I think I’ll leave it in the joke stage. It may be funny at the beginning of a relationship but it certainly would not be funny at the end of the relationship. But now I’m contemplating actually doing it, so maybe I’ll change my mind.

Why? Why protect these people? What possible good is served by protecting the people spreading the rumours? Why not expose them to the light of day, and let them bake in the heat of the Pit for a while?

Why should one protect someone who hurts them so much? List the names. And what was said.

Last Sunday night, I had the pleasure and privilege of spending the night at Nym’s house. She is an incredible hostess, and the time spent together confirmed that she is an incredible friend. I’ve often talked with her about some of the problems in my life, and she’s never been anything less than honest and open-minded and has never given me a reason not to trust her implicitly.

During my stay at Nym’s, I also had the privilege of talking to dpr, online and on the phone. I’ve also gotten to know him through #straightdope. I can not think of a single bad thing about this man. He is kind, considerate, funny and does not have a mean bone in his body. What he and Nym have is an incredible, sweet, loving relationship.

It truly sickens me that anyone can be so small and so petty that the business of other people becomes their primary focus. The person or people behind this sick, immature bullshit needs to sit down and re-assess their priorities.

Robin

See, that’s the thing: it’s not up to us, or you, to castigate these people. Every rumor I heard, I passed directly to Nym. Every one And I told her who said it. In case the people who told me stuff are wondering, she knows. It might have been said in jest and you might not have meant a word of it, but if that’s the case, you told it to the wrong guy.

I don’t play in rumor and it’s not my business to present those people to anyone except the parties involved (though, to be honest, I think I only relayed them to Nym and not dpr, for somewhat obvious reasons.)

I have PM chatted with exactly 3 people, not including Nym and dpr and emailed 2 more after this thread came out and yet it seems I’m now in the gossip business. I defy anyone to back that claim up. I can not pretend to know how Tonya feels to have shit said about her, but I know how it feels to have people saying shit that you know you didn’t and could not have said and telling others that it came from you. To those people, I say “Eatabowlofdick.”

Let this whole mess go, assholes [sub](“asshole” not directed at you, Una.)[/sub]