That can't be good...

There was a story a few months ago where someone’s ex coworker had someone else do that to him, before killing him…he volunteered for the whole thing. That was freaky, but it wasn’t really drug induced.

I have a cousin that once brewed Angel’s Trumpet and drank it. ~sighs~ I will never understand the appeal of getting “high”.

~J

Oh my Jesus. I really need to think before I click certain links.
Ow. I’m in some serious pain here just reading that.

There’s a page full of stories like this in this months Fortean Times.

tee hee! Silly people!

Here’s a link to the German Cannibal story if you haven’t heard it.

Jay Leno made a joke last night about switching the body parts for reattachment. I think it’s a cool idea – because now he can make love to a woman AND perform cunnilingus at the same time!! :smiley:

What was stopping him from doing that before?

His chin?

Angel’s Trumpet = *Datura metel*, a member of the deadly nightshade family. It’s a beautiful plant; people grow it in their gardens all over town here.

It’ll be going illegal one of these days… a shame, they’ve been developing a lot of exquisite variations lately.

Yeah, the one that makes you shoot your kneecaps is really pretty.

Oh, so you’ve tried that tea already, eh?

On a most serious note, I don’t know why this isn’t happening more often. The stuff grows like a weed, and you only need a little of the plant to do the damage. If the kids who are doing this ever figure out what it looks like before it’s processed, the number of poisonings, hallucinations, mutilations et.al. will rise quickly. Many people who grow this have no idea what they have. I’ve pointed it out to several folks and they where surprised, to say the least. I realize many common garden plants are toxic, but this is right up at the top of the list. Cheap, available and unfortunately reliable in its actions- a deadly combination.