The 2006 Weight loss club - February

In an effort to prevent this thread from becoming too big, I will start a new one each month (or in this case the day before the beginning of the month)

OK, the link should actually be here

I’ve been having a very rough week with my liquid HMR fast. I’ve had intestinal upset and have been losing a huge amount of fluid, but have been diligent in taking the recommended potassium and general supplements. I’m staying on the program, but feel quite weak.

I think I found the cause. I had been continuing to take some of the supplements I ordinarily take, on top of the program ones. My sleuthing turned up the fact that I was ingesting 4-5 times the recommended amount of magnesium, and the side effect of overuse is severe and prolonged diarrhea - which I’ve had problems with for months, even before the fast. I’m doing better so far today, so I have my fingers crossed. The program doctor never did call back. :mad:

As of this morning I’m down 12 pounds from 27 December. Not as fast as I’d like, but still headed in the right direction.

It just kills me how much more quickly men lose weight than women do. Kills me, I tell you.

It really is obnoxious, isn’t it? That and peeing standing up.

OTOH – multiple orgasms. :wink:

about 10 lbs.

Late in joining.

I participated briefly in this thread last year. Not mentally prepared, so not successful, so here I am again.

I’ve quit smoking as of this last weekend. I realize I can’t lose the weight without exercise, and I won’t exercise if I’m smoking. I am not happy about this, but I’m significantly less happy about my huge ass.

::Moe::

“Call for Mr. Hugh Jass. Is there a Mr. Hugh Jass here?”

::Moe::

Ha!

[sub]Sorry.[/sub]

OK, I’ll bite.

Going in to February at 188. No plan, just going to eat a tad less and will it off.

Looking for 183 by March 1.

Speak for yourself. DIRTY GIRL!

…wish I could have my cake and multi-orgasms too. Bah, who needs cake!

Well, looking forward to February and setting a goal of another five pounds or so. (Hey, it took a while to pile it on, so there’s no point in trying to do a crash diet.)

I am enjoying–

Eegad, I just automatically hit control-s to save my post. Heh.

Anyway, I am enjoying for the most part making dinners with the grilled chicken, grilled salmon or grilled extra-lean-ground-beef-burgers and veggies of all kinds. I reintroduced myself to cauliflower (it was an orange cauliflower! New! Shiny! Ooh! <<okay, not shiny. But new>>) this week, and we’ve tentatively made another date for the future. The near future.

I think I must learn to make veggies and fruit my new best friends in the food world.

I am tracking my weight in an Excel spreadsheet so I can focus on weekly averages instead of daily fluctuations, and hopefully focus on the big (heh) picture.

Also I am a novice with Excel and just made myself a nifty little graph of January’s daily weigh-ins.

(Whatever it takes to keep me entertained and motivated, I’ll do.)

But… I must, must, must start exercising. That’s where I’ve not really taken control of yet.

Thank you twikster it’s all a matter of perspective isn’t it :slight_smile:

Johnny L.A. you’re still headed in the right direction so hang in there. I have found in my 30+ years of dieting that it is all about consistency. Just keep doing what you’re doing and it’ll happen. Lifestyle change and all that.

Today I weigh 179. Yes, I know that it’s not time for me to weigh in but I’m happy that I’ve managed to turn it around. Last week I was headed in the wrong direction.

I don’t think I’m going to make my goal of 175 by my gig tomorrow unless I surgically remove something but I’ll be happy if I’m a tad lower than 179.

I’ve been better so far this week about not overeating. I need to learn to slow down and not eat so fast. I’m a really good cook but I’m sure I’m not enjoying it as much as I could be.

I did manage a walk every day this week so far. I guess that’s progress too. I’m thinking that I’ll add 20 minutes of muscle building/toning in the evening. 20 minutes seems do-able and I don’t have to leave the house.

Savannah I know what you mean about vegetables. I’m trying stuff that I previously didn’t know existed. I’m having a good time with greens; kale, collards, turnip etc. Good eats if you know how to cook them. We used to cook them with pork jowl bacon which was decadent but very yummy. Now it’s turkey bacon and they still taste good. The other day I made turnip greens with currants, pine nuts and red pepper flakes. Sweet, nutty and spicy, yummy and fairly low calorie.

Since January 1, I am down 8 pounds. That’s alright, but of course I’d prefer quicker results. I suppose I shouldn’t resort to cutting off pieces of me.

Well I lost 2.2kg over January so I’m hoping to at least match that for February.

I must say that I’m really enjoying the Weight Watchers recipes that I’ve been making - I’ve gotten into the habit now of planning a weeks worth of breakfasts, lunches and dinners all with WW recipes.

It feels good to be eating such wholesome food rather than buying stuff from the shops all the time.

:slight_smile:

Bitch, bitch, whine - as of this morning, 9.5.

My Week One weigh-in showed a loss of 3 lbs. This is especially great, because it’s not water weight, which was long-gone before I began the diet, due to taking diuretics for BP. So now I’m off the diuretics, 120/80 BP, and lost 3 lbs. of FAT the first week. :smiley:

brightpenny your bp numbers are great!

I had a short term goal of 175 by today and I have not reached my goal. This morning I weigh 179.5

I’m not giving up though. I’ve got another goal coming up on 2/19 and I’m determined (though I may have to revise my goal since I didn’t make the first goal)

This morning I gave up my morning walk for a morning dye job since my roots were showing. Now I’m a brunette again :wink:

Down 13 pounds since I started. I didn’t exercise yesterday because I was preoccupied with running virus checks. Won’t do today because I’m shooting a video this morning. FWIW this is what I ate yesterday: Breakfast was some ground beef seasoned with garlic salt, pepper, chili powder, and Tapatio; with a slice of medium cheddar diced up on top. Lunch was a couple of strips of home-made jerky. Dinner was a large ground beef patty seasoned with garlic salt and pepper and cooked on the BBQ grill, with some mayo and three garlic pickle slices; and a bratwurst. Since my carbohydrate intake during the day was minimal I also had a hard cider (16g).

I bought some menudo without hominy, and gave my tin of menudo with hominy to a friend. Only 2g carbs per serving in the non-hominy soup.