The Big Bang Theory, Season 12, Episode 4 (October 11, 2018) -- "The Tam Turbulence"

I am starting this thread in anticipation of tonight’s episode.

Not a single laugh the whole show. What a waste of 30 minutes.

Mostly this episode was a relief. That’s because it looks like the writers are laying the groundwork to get rid of the Anu character. Please, pretty please get rid of her.

The best thing I can say about this episode is that I got a lot of crocheting done…

I record both Superstore and Big Bang and watch them back to back. It is clear to me that now Superstore is by far the superior of the two. I’ll keep watching Big Bang till the bitter end, but they’ve pretty much milked the concept as far as it can go.

I guess I had to have watched Young Sheldon in order to get an idea of what was going on. Otherwise, this is shades of Alex Keaton’s “best friend” dying in a car accident on Family Ties. I found Sheldon tedious in this episode.

What was up with Bernadette saying her marriage was “great,” like it really wasn’t? I know she thinks Howard is hot but a work in progress, but I never got an idea that she wasn’t thrilled to be married. And why is she drinking wine if she’s breastfeeding? This is a woman who didn’t eat sushi or get in her hot tub when she found out she was pregnant.

I wasn’t really paying attention thru the whole show, it was mostly background noise. But one thing kinda jumped out at me. Sheldon was thinking about how his life would be different with Tam instead of Leonard, and they recreated some old clips with Tam inserted. One was when Leonard first shows up at Sheldon’s door looking for a room to rent. That makes no sense, why would Sheldon have advertised for a roommate if he already had one he was happy with?

And yeah I had the same question as ivylass about Bernadette. Is there something going on with her marriage that we don’t know about?

I don’t have the words to express how much I dislike this character, or the actress who plays her. When I see her it’s like finger nails on a blackboard.

I’m betting that there is a wedding this season, and Raj chickens out. “Do you Raj…?” and he says “No” when he realizes that he is too much of a romantic to go through with it. He resigns himself to a life alone, and the series ends with him meeting someone perfect.

And then he fucks it up one last time! :smiley:

I didn’t laugh too much at this one, I’m afraid. Hopefully the next one will be better!

Yep, not a laugh in a carload. I’m really not sure if I care enough to keep watching it through to the end. I can always catch any good episodes in reruns. If any.

I am at a complete loss trying to determine if there has been any worse a character than Anu in any show, movie, comic, or any other type of literature. I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of the actress portraying her. I looked her up on Wiki and was stunned to find she is a comedienne and actress. Seriously, from her performance in the two TBBT episodes thus far, I would’ve guessed she was “discovered” in a last-ditch casting call. She’s not humorous at all and certainly doesn’t seem to me to have the slightest acting ability.

Better yet, the writers realize that they’ve pretty much written him as a stereotypical Gay man who’s half-way out of the closet, they figure out “hey, he’s living in America” and he’s way past the temporary work visa so he’s on an immigrant visa, so he’s good to go to stay in the country without a sponsor so he finds someone (maybe Stuart) and they get married in the last episode.

I get the hate/boredom for this show…I haven’t been into if for a while. But I don’t get the hate for Anu. What’s so bad about her?

Second. I didn’t see the first two episodes this season, but in this one she was ok. Not pretty, but funny a couple of times. She didn’t have that much to do.

I was speculating in my head, after reading these reactions here, that maybe she is not clicking with Raj’s character in some way that irritates people.

ugh, anu is horrid. hope she dies and raj as well.

I’m just not sure what we’re supposed to think of Anu thus far. In her very first line, she was rude to a waiter. Then she was sweet to Raj (I actually liked the proposal scene), and was perfectly lovely to Penny and Bernadette. But why did that first scene set her up as an overbearing bitch, only to not be the case again? I don’t have a problem with the actor, but the character is… oddly written.

Tam ended up essantially having nothing to do with anything. I don’t watch Young Sheldon, but even if I did, what’s the point of crossing a character over and not having him do anything? I did chuckle at the altered flashback scenes, but still. Meh.

Having said all that, it’s just a sitcom, folks. This wasn’t the best episode. Some of you seem legitimately angry.

Anu was no worse than anything else about the episode. She’s just never been in a good episode.

Yeah, I think this is right. I don’t get the hate from above at all. The guy who played Tam was a waste of space without any discernible personality but Rati Gupta has one even if her character isn’t developed yet. Don’t people remember how awful Amy was in her first appearances until they fleshed her out?

It’s half an hour when I could have done something more productive, like cleaning the cat box. Would have been more entertaining, too.