The Boys S2 (Open Spoilers)

That certainly seems to be the approach the show is taking. So, the answer to your question, “what happens if he hits something a little sturdier,” is “whatever is narratively useful for that scene.”

Many decades ago, there used to be a soda machine at work, turned to about 30F. Fresca came out semi-frozen, kinda slushy. That was nice on a hot day. They didnt have good artificial sweeteners then, so Fresca was actually the best.

They all seem to have some level of invulnerability. Annie took a sniper rifle shot from close range right to the chest in S1 and it only knocked her down, the Female got her head smash against a wall at super speed hundreds of times with barely any damage (her power is super healing, but there didn’t seem to be any damage TO heal there), Black Noir eating up that explosion from the super terrorist in Ep1, etc.

They’re not all on the same level, and some at least seem to have no physical enhancements. Remember that Billy killed the guy with mind-reading powers easily, because he was middle-aged and out of shape. And Translucent was mostly tough because of his skin, though he seemed to be sturdier than a normal human overall. He took a lot of injuries that should have broken bones, and yet he wasn’t apparently physically stronger than Billy Butcher. As for A-Train, the physics of it are unclear since super-speed doesn’t really make sense according to the laws of nature. Of course, that’s true for all of them but it’s particularly uncertain in terms of how it works. based on what we see, he can likely tear through anything of around equal density, or at least it never portrays him running through brick walls.

Obviously, most supers wouldn’t be anywhere near the level of The Seven. Presumably Vought (and Homelander) preferred those who were extraordinarily gifted with the superpowers in their premier superhero league.

Do you get the sense that Queen Maeve has to sleep with Homelander? (Shudder)

Can you imagine having to constantly be around someone who could just snuff you out like that if you displeased him? someone who literally considers emself a god?

I think they made that clear in the first season.

Episode 4 was a wild ride. So is Billy Joel an executive producer of The Boys?
Or is this a deep Seth Rogan joke he got in?

I did a little digging, it appears Jack quaid (Huey) is the one that has got them to use so much Billy Joel and Billy approves of it.

. . .

Homelander is one seriously psychotic individual. I would think Vaughn would be activating whatever protocol they have to end him by this point. Instead they put another psycho into the Seven.

My memory is hazy. What did they say?

I’m a little vague to, but I thought they made it clear Maeve use to be in a relationship with Homelander.

Yeah, Maeve and Homelander were a couple - probably for better ratings/sales.

The Stormfront calling out Vaughn seems an interesting turn. I wonder if Mr. Edgar likes it because it distracts from the Compound V issues, which are far bigger (I also liked the question on the talk show about since heroes are made, not born, what’s with the lack of diversity… of course right as Homelander is about to kick out A-Train).

So… if Stormfront is like 100+ years old, that would be an interesting twist to the story. She isn’t afraid of Homelander because she’s been around far longer than he has. That killing the black guy as Liberty just like that was chilling.

Vaughn? Do you mean Vought American?

Right, Vought - typing a little too fast there :smiley:

Are we allowed spoilers?

The show is still really good, but Ep. 4 is juuuuust starting to show signs of things starting to sputter, in ways that shows like this often do.

1. Things not leading anywhere; Butcher goes to rescue Becca, then she won’t leave, and that entire sequence did nothing.

2. Homelander spent the episode mostly just with Doppleganger, and then killed him, so that led nowhere.

3. For all that the boys are the most wanted people in America. they sure seem casual about being seen. MM and Huey toodle around Manhattan like it’s no biggie. Starlight doesn’t put much effort into hiding her face, either.

I’m disappointed that they released only one more episode. What am I supposed to do, wait a week to see one more episode? Only see one new episode a week? What kind of way is that to watch a TV series?

I can easily see Homelander be adrift this season. Madeline’s death has left him rudderless and Stormfront has taken a lot of his attention. A lot of his world is falling apart around him and he doesn’t realize how difficult Madeline’s job was. So he’s probably just going to not do all the much because he doesn’t know what to do. And, of course, it shows that he doesn’t have anyone to give him validation… which makes him even more unstable.

I fell asleep during a superhero show. . .or an anti-superhero show. Whichever. Either way, not a good sign. I had to go back 20 minutes and rewatch it, and it wasn’t worth it. This episode tread water for an hour.

Mod Hat On: After a few reports and checking with other mods on our policy. I changed the title to reflect Open Spoilers. This is the standard policy for Cafe.

Posters have an expectation of not running into open spoilers, especially for new shows, movies or books.

So with apologies, the title change is made.

I don’t see how they do all that stuff with a chipped supe. Do the chips work only intermittently?

She said she went to visit her cousin, and likely did.

I’m OK with this episode being slower than the first 3. The occasional slow exposition/character development episode is fine, after multiple action packed episodes. And The Deep and his Scientology handler interviewing potential wives was hilarious.

Does anyone else wonder if there’s a connection between a character named “Mother’s Milk” and Homelander being aroused by mother’s milk? It seems even stranger if those 2 things aren’t related.

You may be joking, but the producers are getting enough grief for the weekly releases that they felt a need to respond to it.

It was a relationship-themed episode. Hugh/Annie, Butcher/Becca, Homelander/Maddie (sort of), The Deep/various candidates, Maeve/Elena (and also Homelander), even Frenchie and Kimiko (plus his actual girlfriend) - there wasn’t much in the way of exploding people or sealife this time around but there was a helluva lot of relationship development, mostly in the direction of breaking up.

And I’m okay with that.