The Deadly Sarah Connor Assassination Squad

In the TV series of Buck Rogers with Gil Gerald (or whatever his name was), there was a robot, which in addition to being voiced by Mel Blanc (who said, “Bidi Bidi Bidi” as a preface to everything) also inspired generations of rappers by wearing this giant clock like looking thing on it’s chest that was some kind of computer or something.

The Flava Flav computer was called Doctor Theophilus, if I remember correctly.

Dr. Theopolis, actually. He was carried around by the miniature robot Twiki.

I stand corrected, although Theophilus would make more sense, assuming he were a religious computer: calling him “City of God” makes none whatsoever. I guess it sounded “wise”.

Couldn’t he just reverse the polarity on the deflector shield to emit a high-powered handwavon pulse that will convince the Skynet sensors that Sarah was dead?

BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM!!!

“Thank…you…for your cooperation.”

-Robocop

Another one without dialog, (a fair minority of robots seem to be silent,) but I have to say that the mental picture of one, or a group of, red dwarf skutters trying to chase Sara Connor and kill her had me laughing out loud. Hope someone else here also finds it funny.

How about the drones from Silent Running? Or those little figures from that dialogue-less episode of the original Twilight Zone starring Agnes Moorehead?

Some of these answers are bringing back some good memories of the book/movie/whatever.

Hello, Sarah. This is your Hal-9000 computer. I think you should take a stress pill. I think you should take a lot of stress pills.

A.W.S.O.M.E.O. 5000: So Adam Sandler is…like trapped on a Island…and he loses his memory…or something…

Sarah Connor: What are you talking about, little boy?

A.W.S.O.M.E.O. 5000: Does not compute. The A.W.S.O.M.E.O. 5000 is not a little boy.

Sarah Connor: You look like a fat kid in a cardboard box.

A.W.S.O.M.E.O. 5000: * A.W.S.O.M.E.O. is big boned.*

Sarah Connor: Really, I can show you how to do chin-ups in a mental hospital in order to lose some weight and get buff. You really should drop a few pounds.

A.W.S.O.M.E.O. 5000: I’ll kill you, you scrawny bitch!! I mean…A.W.S.O.M.E.O. has been sent here to kill Sarah Connor.

Sarah kicks him in the nuts. A.W.S.O.M.E.O. Falls over, writhing in pain.

A.W.S.O.M.E.O. 5000: * Lame.*

Mek-quake: Kill sarah Connor? BigJobs!

If it took one minute to explain, half an hour to do, and could be explained with a simple analogy, then yes.

Silver Metal Lover : “I’ve brought poison for you, and corrosive for me. I think it would be most romantic if we drank them together.”

Robot Devil “Ohh, this is so deliciously evil. I LOVE IT !!”

“Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. Your future son killed Skynet: prepare to die.”

“INCONCEIVABLE!”

Brilliant reference. I’d forgotten about that bloody toaster.

Elizabeth Hurley getting it on with Linda Hamilton . . . yessssss . . .

PINOCCHIO: Sorry, Miss Connor, but Skynet says if I do a brave deed and kill you I’ll become a real live boy!

SARAH: [stares at him silently for a moment, picks him up, stuffs him into a wood-chipper]

Ro-man: “You are hu-man…Sarah Connor. You must not interfere!”

<blows bubbles at her with his whatever-it-was machine>

Sarah: “Gaak”

<asphyxiates on bubbles>

DAVID FROM AI: I am so a real boy! Could a robot do this? [breaks Sarah’s neck with his bare hands] Hmmm . . . I guess a real boy couldn’t do that either . . . this is a puzzle . . .

[embarassed to remember this]
One premise of the TV series was that the Old City (remnants of Chicago) were blasted out ruins, uninhabitable except for ripoff-Morlockian mutants who shambled around and attacked people for no good reason. There was no auto traffic, so you could tell it apart from modern-day Chicago (I kid, I kid!).

The new city was a gleaming white soundstage of high-tech styrofoam and plasticine, in the configuration of one or two interchangeable rooms.

“City of God” does make sense in that context. I guess.
[/etrt]