The Golden Compass and Kate Bush

Not many people will hear it though, if it’ll be played over the ending credits. We always stay for credits, but most people don’t. I was looking forward to seeing the movie anyway, but this just adds to my excitement. It’s been 2 years since the release of Aerial.

Since “This Woman’s Work” was robbed of an Oscar nomination, I don’t have high hopes for this, but Academy members have gotten a bit more hip with their nominations in recent years (Bjork, Aimee Mann, Eminem) so it’s not out of the question.

Hey, where’s the Kate Bush fans?

New Line Cinema is going to be campaigning for “Lyra” as a Best Original Song nomination at the Academy Awards. Here’s a For Your Consideration ad that lists Kate.

New Line got Enya an Oscar nomination, and a nomination and win for Annie Lennox, so if the song is even halfway decent (and it’s Kate, so I’m sure it’ll be very good), Kate has a real shot at it. Also the Golden Globes. If she is nominated, I wonder if she would perform at the telecast? Probably not, but stranger things have happened.