Woo Hoo! Valentines into the mail this morning!
They may get to their destination a bit late, but they’ll get there.
Wow Welby, that junior assistant manager definitely was a douche bag. Good for WelbyWife going off on him. Who ever heard of a restaurant not putting price increases on the menus?! Geeze!
Oh yeah, goiter is also caused by both hyper and hypo thyroidism, neither of which iodine helps, unfortunately. LOL
In anticipation of the coming winter storm, which the weather people are truly waffling about this time, I’ve already told my boss that I won’t be coming in tomorrow. I would go in if it was just going to be snow … well, unless they predict more than 4 inches, that is. But the latest I’ve heard, it’s supposed to start as snow, then change over to freezing rain and sleet. Which means ice, because the temps have dropped back below freezing. This after actually getting (relatively) warm and into the 40s earlier today. I can deal with snow, but not ice! As for Wednesday, I’ll see how things look.
So this evening, after stopping at the grocery store to get a few extras that we forgot yesterday, I decided it was the night to fix a nice drink. I retrieved my fifth of Seagrams Seven … which I had to wash the dust off of! laughs Yes, that’s right - it has been that long since I fixed an actual mixed drink. I’m working on a “highball” now - a jigger or so of the Seagrams in an ice-filled glass of ginger-ale, and it’s tasting pretty good. I have had a drink recently - my NYE Mimosa of OJ and champagne. I definitely don’t want this to become a nightly habit, though - too much alcoholism in my family.
But a nice drink every now and then is okay for me, I think.
Oh yeah, Happy MMP all, and a very belated happy anniversary to the Rebo’s!
