The Long-Necked Animal Message Board

Well, there are a not insignificant number of people who do just that so obviously it’s not so far fetched as it might seem to you. The overlap of members between here and the Raffe is considerable and there are some who take a lot of flak in the snark threads there who also post elsewhere on the Raffe and who represent themselves ably and with good humor in the snark threads. AHunter3 springs immediately to mind as someone who manages being snarked with good humor and grace, while also doing some snarking of his own.

I read but don’t often contribute to the snark threads and infinitely prefer to do most of my posting there because the ridiculous cobweb tangle of conflicting rules here is annoying as hell. I prefer to be able to tell someone outright at the time that I find their behavior irritating or wrong or dickish without having to go through some tiresome ritual of making another thread in another forum to do so. If you tried to train a puppy using SDMB rules they’d never learn anything and would likely end up running into traffic to escape their life.

Who’s Gladys Kravitz? :confused:

Gladys Kravitz

That board has been promoting ignorance since 2009. Really it’s a just bunch of people in their underwear eating bread; it’s kind of like poop on a stick.

I’m not really an active member of GB, but lately I’ve been there more than usual. **Giraffe **broke the board into 3 sections: **Main **the safe & sane area except for their Pit; Crazy Town it lives up to its name but some of the Megapollsare interesting and a lot of fun. The Dump no real reason to go here mostly.

Why, thank you!

The Snarkpit isn’t really anonymous – once you sign in, you can see who’s who. (You might even be able to see if you’re not signed in, perhaps someone else could answer about that)

You might have to deal with Fenris from time to time, but just ignore him, that’s what the rest of us do. (Although it’s up to the newest member to give him his monthly bath)

All credit where it’s due, son! :wink:

You know, if you ever were up to reviving the Middle Earth D&D game I bet there would be a taker or two on GBB. Their mafia community is strong too.

I resent that! I prefer blueberry bagels, lightly toasted.

I’ll second this. I don’t play myself any more because (a) I don’t have time and (b) I really really suck at Mafia as it turns out, but it’s a good group. And (shameless plug ahead), I wrote a sweet vote-counting robot that greatly simplifies the logistics of tracking people’s votes and unvotes so you don’t have to give the obvious scum tell of asking how close you are to being lynched exactly.

I could take issue with how in writing this half whining, half shit-stirring post, you took the time to throw a specific Doper under the bus for no apparent reason.

It’s not really worth arguing about, to me. But you do you.

If you scroll just a few posts up, you’ll see that AHunter took her post as the compliment that it was intended to be.

Pizza > bread.

Fine, but the next time you ask for French toast and you get cold pepperoni pizza dunked in eggs and sugar, remember that this is what you wanted.

Yet another plug for the Mafia games. A really good community of players are there.

Yeah, you can.

But I don’t care to expound on that any further.

When I get upset with people here, I go there. When I get upset with people there, I come here.

Do tell!

I’ve thought about it a few times but it was a lot of work for me and I’m not sure I would want to make that kind of time commitment again. A Star Trek RPG is the main thing keeping Mellophant going. Other than that there is maybe 4 of us not playing the game that occasionally post and one odd religious blogger. No idea where he came from. He gets no responses but persists. I guess he is Mello’s Roo.

GB seems to be the only really active spinoff board.