The New Guy MMP

Are you gonna whack him or entertain him to death? :confused:

Bald with goatee describes my BIL - apart from the fact that he’s straight, I’d hope you’d have better taste than to get involved with an ultra-right-wing nutjob who pretty much blames everyone else for his problems. :rolleyes: No, in my dream he had a full head of hair and no facial fuzz. And he was quite young, making you a cradle robber! :stuck_out_tongue:

And it was shipping port facility stuff.

At last it is blessedly quiet. The nattering admin types spent well over an hour (I have to keep track of my time for this job, so I know) chattering on about builders, gyms, diets, MILs, clothes, and all other inane crap. The silence is such a relief!!! Plus it’s almost lunch time, and I do need a break.

I can has Firday??

remember that pinky toe I stubbed Friday evening that I restubbed Saturday evening? Well, it still f#%@ing hurts!

The nattering started up again and something was said about research or library sciences, to which one ditzy female said “Dewey…decimal… whatsis???”

Teh stoopit - it burns!!! :frowning:

I’m thinking that if you pay me to whack him
and he pays me to whack you
that I might be able to make a killing.

I had jury duty yesterday and today I’m just blurfy.

I have to go walk hell pup.
At least it looks nice outside today.
I won’t drown or freeze.

Rosie I stubbed a pinky toe years ago and it still hurts when I wear shoes.

I see what you did there. :stuck_out_tongue:

There must be something in the contract that the cost goes down with puns or humor at a victim’s expense.

Went to lunch with my boss. There were no seats so the hostess was taking names; I supplied one. When she called “Donner - party of three” I stood up, burped and said there were only two of us now. I know its an old stunt but today I’ve just been in one of those moods. My boss says he wants to buy the building next to us just so he can move his desk further away from me. Go figure.

I stand in awe, Sir. :slight_smile:

Just FTR, OYKW is not a right wing nut job. He’s just your run of the mill nut job. :smiley: Also, I already have to put up with five months of bein’ called a cradle robber every year just because I am just over five months older than him. I’ll get my revenge at retirement because due to age brackets I’ll be retired a year before he can retire. HAH!

Back from tourin’ the east forty and have had N.O.L. All is good for the moment.

Bah. Just went and bought a new aquarium light tube for the axolotl tank. I bought the tank second hand, with a non-working light- I was told it worked last time they’d used it, but it’d been in the garage for the last few years, and the bulb had probably gone (as they do fairly often).

Turns out, the new light tube doesn’t work, so it looks like the actual fitting is broken- and the tube is the wrong size for my other tank…and it’s a weird size bow-fronted tank, so I can’t just buy another fitting.
Guess I have to go back to the fish shop tomorrow, and see if they’ll be nice and give me a refund. The tank doesn’t really need a light, but I would have liked the option. Oh well.

I’ve had starters fail as well as the bracket the tubes fits into fail on used lights.

At another board where I was a longtime poster I voiced frustration over not being able to have a conversation that wasn’t a competition – and was subsequently referred here by a like-minded poster.

I like the way this place is moderated and I like the way the forums are organized and I really like the fact that we can use adult language in the course of our (mostly) non-competitive conversations.

Oh yeah?!? I CAN do better than that!

:stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

Welcome. I have squid on hand for your initiation, but it’s someone else’s week to bring the goat. And don’t forget the appropriate [del]bribes[/del]love offerings to us in the MMP Old Guard.

ETA: ObNick → Wormie? A red wiggler in my experience is fish bait…

Rosie’s sig to everyone, as I’ve been out of contact for a bit. Made the trip back to idaho, but my computer didn’t quite make it. But she’s all fixed up and purty again, and now I just need a job to want me that pays more than unemployment and ill be a happy camper!

Pretty sure I got to the Dope through some obscure and randomly googled question that popped the Dope up on my radar. Then I remembered reading the newspaper column while growing up. Then I started browsing, then I started posting, and blammo, I’m one of the frequent flyers, even if I don’t post that much. And it’s my favorite social place on the web.

He seems to have had an accident involving a barbecue pit and a couple of guys from Mississippi.

Might have helped to add clothes to that. :smiley:

LOL! I would LOVE to hang out with you. :smiley:

Good Afternoon!

Thank god it is Wednesday. I am pretty sure I may be quitting my job on Friday.

I went through a recent internal interview process for a move to Houston. All went well and was expecting the transfer letter. Got it last night and it is not the job that was explained to me nor the reporting structure or the pay level etc

I was told this was the job. It took all I had to not say a big Fuck You right then. So I called the person I was expecting to be working for and she about hit the roof. So there has been a flurry of emails today on what the hell was the numbnuts who interfered doing other than empire building and playing politics. I am sick of this. Sick of going home crying as work makes me so miserable. The money is great but it is not worth being this upset over everyday

I declined an external offer last week as the internal job was confirmed so I got in touch with the recruiter today to see what else there was out there. We ran through our finances last night and we are fine for a while. I can find a job pretty easily.

In other news no more snow here! Yay! It is bright and sunny! Yay! But is only 28 degrees…booooooo!