The new Straight Dope administrator ...

I’m having this place wired for sound.

Let me put it this way: I hope you like polkas.

:smiley:

Condolulations, my dear. You can count on my support.

yay!!!

:: ballons and confetti

And just think, I knew you when…

Please see here: https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=857634
Which leads to here: A note from Cecil Adams about The Straight Dope

Congratulations/condolences! :smiley:

Like Morty said.

Thanks for not fleeing in terror (yet), TubaDiva; you totally fucking rock!

Ed was never forthcoming about what he did as administrator. Will you take some time and detail what the job entails?

Niech żyje The Tuba Hole!

TubaDiva, Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah !! It goes to figure- you were there in the AOL Chat Room when they lit the candle and launched it, weren’t you?

Awfully glad you’re steering the ship. We’re fortunate Dopers.

" You know that thing we took care of ? "

" Wait, the Jersey thing? "

" No, the Upstate thing. They’re building condos on the land and we have to dig up the bodies and move them. "

That L’il Ed, he always loved working the land.

:smiley:

Missed edit window:

Good Luck TubaDiva, delegate and let the mods help you, you’re now trying to herd 3500 cats.

Congrats, TubaDiva! You deserve it!

(Is that a congratulatory “you deserve it” or a damming one? Bwahahahaha!)

But hey, maybe your first act as administrator could be changing that ridiculous name. “The Tuba Hole?” It’s like no effort whatsoever went into coming up with that.

I salute you with my official moderator whiskey mug-I can’t think of anyone more deserving, and more capable, than you for this job.

I could but then I’d have to shoot you.

No, seriously, I’ll be [del]herding cats[/del] managing moderators, assisting them when necessary, and handling some of the technical issues on the user side. Like name changes, sdmb/vb customer service, that kind of thing. This is in addition to the work I do on the rest of the Straight Dope site involving content management, the weekly mailing, etc. All that continues.

Even though there’s not new columns (at least not right now) please do your part to help. Read some columns. Sign up for the weekly mailing. Click on a link every now and then. Be encouraging to newbies who wander by. Bring your friends. If some of your friends are Dopers who have wandered off, ask 'em to come home. I would love to see our regular regulars, old familiar faces, and new names – and lots of everybody.

Soon (not in this thread) I’m going to be asking for your opinions and advice and ideas on things we can do to keep on keeping on … I’m not kidding when I say we’re all in this together and I hope you work with me and your mods to find ways to improve and maybe make a buck or two, that would be great.

Imagonna get my shit together but I’m having trouble tying it up at the top.

No, but I have an idea about that maybe.

Congratulations, TubaDiva!! A long time ago, I asked for your help in finding a person who stopped posting abruptly and about whom I was worried. We were unsuccessful in locating her, but you went above and beyond to try to help. I really appreciated that.

http://www.ipass.net/whitetho/edcecil.htm

Are you still going to be a humble Tubadiva?

An additional mug with different art work would be a great addition. I have the “classic mug” but one without the existing art work might sell to a new audience.

If there’s one thing that makes me feel more confident about this whole situation it’s that the administration has come into the more than capable hands of TubaDiva. I can’t think of anyone better equipped to take us forward.